wadsy

BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
98+ BoTM Winner
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Looking for a lightweight (rim-brake) wheelset or some nice hubs so I can build some.

Chris King classic would be ideal or Bontrager or maybe M950.

Would prefer black hubs and rims, but WHY?

Cash ready for right parts or willing to do trades as I have a few parts for sale.

For sale thread link...
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=350138

Cheers :)

Re: Lightweight wheel-set or hubs

Throwing it out there, in addition to the wheels I mentioned, I do have a set of hope pro 3 hubs in black. Rim brake only, and the adapter (brand new) to allow 135mm rear spacing. All but 1 bearing have been replaced so are nice and smooth (a freehub bearing wasn't replaced as it didn't really need it, which was lucky as I didn't have one in the size at the time I took them apart to service). Not sure I have any black rims to sell (aside from a NOS set of 717s, but have plans for these on the nuke proof), but have some of the bronze counted 317s I think, or some silver matrix rims with ceramic brake surface. It's a toss up between these and the 717 as to the wheel build for the nuke proof. Depending on how some rejigging goes, I could have some crossmax XL or spinergy xyclone spare, but won't know for a while.

Re: Lightweight wheel-set or hubs

ishaw":2e0rkh9q said:
Throwing it out there, in addition to the wheels I mentioned, I do have a set of hope pro 3 hubs in black. Rim brake only, and the adapter (brand new) to allow 135mm rear spacing. All but 1 bearing have been replaced so are nice and smooth (a freehub bearing wasn't replaced as it didn't really need it, which was lucky as I didn't have one in the size at the time I took them apart to service). Not sure I have any black rims to sell (aside from a NOS set of 717s, but have plans for these on the nuke proof), but have some of the bronze counted 317s I think, or some silver matrix rims with ceramic brake surface. It's a toss up between these and the 717 as to the wheel build for the nuke proof. Depending on how some rejigging goes, I could have some crossmax XL or spinergy xyclone spare, but won't know for a while.

I reckon I should have a set of CK black classic hubs in the pipeline all being well!...so, I'd be interested in the black 717 rims if possible?

If the CKs don't come off then maybe the Hopes you have (and the 717's) or maybe even the XLs, but not sure what they look like!

Cheers :)

Back