Short cranks for kids bike

MikeyS

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hi,

I've just started gathering parts to build a bike for my daughter. She is nearly ten and reasonably tall so will have 26" wheels but some parts will still need to be a bit smaller than normal. So I'm looking for storm short cranks, probably around 140-150mm. Anyone got anything that their kids have grown out of? Not looking for anything to expensive as they'll need to get longer soon I'm sure! I'll be running them single ring, it might need a guard on so not too fussed about bolt spacing etc.

(Give me a shout if you've got any other kids sized bits too - especially an xs frame)

Thanks for looking,

Mike

Re:

Thanks for the tip hamster. I may we'll end up down that route, but would like something a bit shorter if anyone has anything.
Cheers,
Mike

Re:

Thanks again hamster. I emailed them after your previous post and they pointed me towards the kids cranks, which I guess means they don't do own brand shorter cranks any more. But the kids ones are just that bit more expensive when I would like to add a narrow wide chainring to make a 1x set up work without a guard. I'm going to keep an eye out,but they may still be the answer thanks.

did you resolve this
I have some cranks from a chrystler prowler (same as schwin stingray) they are 152mm I m looking for shorter 130mm hopefully as I ve lowered the back end 2 inches an the original cranks are very close to the ground

Back