WTD: BB, Chain Set, Shifters, Free Wheel and Cassette.

VaNDAL_UK

Dirt Disciple
Hi,

Just after the following to beef up my bike. I'd like all the following to be either Deore LX, XT but really not fussed. Cosmetic condition not overly an issue and a fair amount of wear is not too much of an issue either. This is just a hack bike for me to work off 10 years of investment on my belly. So just want to get it to a reliable state for the commute.

I have XT front & rear Mech Mega 9. Maura rim brakes which I like and work well.

Need:
Shifters (no break leavers). GOT
Free wheel 9 speed Still need
Chain Set + matching Bottom Bracket. Still need

That's it for now.
Let me know price with delivery Pictures really help!
PayPal waiting.

Thanks.

You really need more info in your need list, do you want 9 speed shifters & 9 speed cassette ?. If you do, you may find that you have a problem due to parts incompatibility i. e. a 9 speed cassette won't fit on a 7 speed freehub & a free wheel is a totally different thing that will usually result in bent rear axles if you go to more than 7 speeds.

Re:

Hi,
I have a pair of LX shifters that I won't be needing. Let me know if you are interested and I will dig them out and send you some photos.

Cheers, James.

Thanks guys.

I have mega 9 LX shifters, Mega 9 rear cassette. just need a 8 / 9 free wheel. Still after a chain set and bottom bracket 68mm currently running square taper, but will go over to any other type of BB.

Let me know.

@Dead Rats
Truvativ chain set sound interesting any pictures or model number so I can check it out?

Re:

Pretty sure I have an lx 9speed cassette and chain, I'll dig throwing out when I get home this arvo.

Got a late Deore black 9 speed HT2 with big rings so great for a hack. good nick but heel rub. Rings have a bit of surfacerust which will go with one ride.

bb inc top shape and inc too. £30 plus postage?

Sure i can probably find a used 9 speed block to add for £5

chris

dablk":2ek8lpen said:
Got a late Deore black 9 speed HT2 with big rings so great for a hack. good nick but heel rub. Rings have a bit of surfacerust which will go with one ride.

bb inc top shape and inc too. £30 plus postage?

Sure i can probably find a used 9 speed block to add for £5

chris

Cool thanks, pics would be appreciated. I've just got my eye on an ebay XT crank. so will let you know. If you could dig out a 9 speed free wheel hub to fit the cassette onto that would be a massive help!

Will do tomorrow. Its a black 175mm with the touring rings. I think they where 26/46/48.

Just checked i sorry to say i think i chucked the spare hub I had unbuilt. I have two cheap built wheels that you can have for £10 but they will need to be collected.

Chris

Back