South & West Midlands Chat and rides

john

The Guv’nor
Admin
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Hello, hopefully Dave will be along soon too.

South midland is basically the best bit of the country. From Gloucestershire and Oxfordshire in the South up to Shropshire and Staffordshire in the North via Herefordshire, Brum, Worcestershire and Warwickshire.

Loads of good riding here. Let's have a think.

➡️ Cotswolds, HONC and Cheltenham.
➡️ FoD
➡️ Cannock
➡️ Long Mynd
➡️ Chilterns

and loads of other places too I'm sure...

Hello everyone!!

Well said John ..... The sights and sounds of the shires cannot be beaten, we have some wonderfull riding to be found no matter what takes your fancy ..... But what we do lack is ....RIDERS!!! :D

There are going to be plenty rides and events to be found through out the year so keep your eyes on the calender.

So roll up people, Who else do we have in the south Midlands? :cool:

Second best- you forgot about Yorkshire already Guvnor? :LOL:

Nice to have another section up and running. If you need a cup of sugar just give us a shout.

Si

Sweet - I have a 96 ish Klein Attitude that'd fancy an outing I reckon... rest of my fleet being too new to qualify.

Can someone book some non-wet weather?!

I'm in Weston Under Wetherley just out of Leamington...

...pretty poor show on the retro bike front though. Just built up a Cannondale CAD2 with a mix and match of bits to use as a bike to put the baby seat on. Guessing it's a late 90's bike and it's not exactly a desirable ride, took it out over the fields on sunday for the first time. Need some skinnier tyres and I'm set.
Not sure I'd be welcome on my stumpy fsr or Chameleon!
Not at peak of fitness but I'll come out and play :)

I'm based in Warwick and ride pretty much every Sunday with a mate.
We meet at 8am at Warwick Police station and do one of 3 loops - 15, 19 or 25miles.

All the loops are west and south of Warwick and they mix up road sections and interesting bridleways.

I have a '93 Team Marin which doesn't get out that often since I bought a Yeti ASR back in May but we keep talking about doing a retro ride (He has an Eldridge Grade) so I'm up for an outing.

Whoo hooo

We have some life!! :cool:

Looks like Warwick could be a starter for some informal riding then?

Re: South Midlands Chat and rides

John":ikvm3yu5 said:
Hello, hopefully Dave will be along soon too.

South midland is basically the best bit of the country. From Gloucestershire and Oxfordshire in the South up to Shropshire and Staffordshire in the North via Herefordshire, Brum, Worcestershire and Warwickshire.

Loads of good riding here. Let's have a think.

➡️ Cotswolds, HONC and Cheltenham.
➡️ FoD
➡️ Cannock
➡️ Long Mynd
➡️ Chilterns

and loads of other places too I'm sure...

I take exception to Shropshire being included in the South Midlands.

We're better than that! :D ;) (and we've got the best hills too)

I'm going off to hide again now.

Back