Easy Road Ride. Now on Sunday 6 April.

Iwasgoodonce

Old School Grand Master
A warm welcome from Grumpy Commuter and Myself! Do you want to try road riding? A bit frightened by the Aftermath threads sounding more like an episode of Casualty? This is for you.

A nice easy amble through the quiet (mostly!) roads of Staffordshire and Shropshire. The pace will be dictated by my fitness so will therefore be astonishingly easy. It's as flat as a fart around here. We're talking 400 metres? Distance will be around 30 miles. You will see such delights as:

1). The historic village of Brewood. Well worth a return visit with your significant other!

2). A church with the tower in the middle. Quite unusual I'm told.

3). A fighter jet from times past.

4). The very building where King Charles hid from that frightful oik Olly Cromwell.

Some of the roads are a little worse for wear to say the least so bear that in mind when selecting a steed. Strava warriors need not apply. Well, you can but you will be bored. Do come along though as one of those 40% zone ride thingies.

So, I reckon on 2 ish hours. A weekend or get it done on an evening? If the weather looks really crap, and Grumpy Commuter and I know all about crappy weather, we'll reconsider closer to the time!

Re: Easy Road Ride. Weekend or Evening?

Have you got a starting point old chap?

I was hoping you would apply! As GC has the brewery ride, we will base this one around me. Look up the village of Codsall. Plenty of parking down at the village hall if the cul-de-sac fills up!

About an hour and a half each way for me so weekend afternoon would be ideal or weekday afternoon before Easter. Off till then. Already signed up for FOD, brewery road, mayhem, Cotswolds road and HONC. So mrs HM is starting to notice.

She's just realised I want the dog wagon for mayhem and is not a happy bunny :shock:

All sounds a bit elitist to me?!? :LOL:

I'll be wearing your shorts, next to my skin........... Can lend you a 25 inch RETRO Raleigh Roadbike if you want Dave. :LOL:

Better count me in then. Looks like a weekend job then....just working out if I could cycle over :shock:

Should probably have mentioned that we are looking at April for this ride. At that time last year I was riding past five foot snow drifts!

HONC is 13th so weekend before would be good?

Back