2014 Rides ideas??

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
I guess its getting near that time again to start thinking about next years rides.

With both National series and Special events having a good involvement with our region now I feel its pretty important for everyone to be getting there own rides up on threads to keep us going rather than waiting for official ones to be posted?

From feedback the Scrap yard challenge was a hit and the British Steel ride would be good to do again? Maybe different venues rather than FOD? of course nothing wrong with FOD !!

Jan-
Feb- Could be Gospel pass national ride again?
Mar- Spring Classic Road ride
Apr- HONC
May-Scrap yard challenge?
June-Mountain Mayhem
July-Ed`s Tour finale Road ride
Aug- Going to Submit for National ride
Sept-Going to submit for National ride
Oct-British Steel MTB ride?
Nov-
Dec- Christmas ride

As you can see the Calender soon fills up and as always its never going to suit everyone so if you are wanting different things from above feel free to post up rides esp MTB rides as I am sure most are aware I have no MTB again (not planning on changing that in the foreseeable future either!!) :LOL:

Ideas anyone? :D

Cheers

daj

I prefer mtb and school hols so combine the two in August and I will be there. Unless 8th August for a week as I'm on inlaw duty. So if I break something the week before I'll be happy!

What about an mtb night ride? That would be a laugh!

Brewery ride?

Yes……. A Mendip Mauler, plenty of hills and Cider too.

Start from Wells and go up and down with a finale up Cheddar Gorge and a pint of loony soup at Priddy. Then it's downhill all the way to Wells again.

Road of course.

Road....... I'm not exactly built for the road. Unless it's as a brick bus shelter.

Great stuff ...The thread has been on long enough to assume people are happy enough (or not that bothered!) to go with the flow and there will be no crying through the year :LOL: :LOL: .

-Would love new areas to be ridden on the road if anyone would like to plan a Cheddar ride?

-The Night ride concept was done with great success by the East midlands a couple of years ago so happy to support the idea if anyone wishes to pick a date in the calender and go for it?

-Which brewery ride Jason? The national road one or the one at Hooky?

Well I suppose I could try to sort the Cheddar/Wells ride as I used to live around there, the hospitality though would be limited to the confines of a car boot and back seat, nowhere near as grand a spread as the one you laid on.

I'll get me map out, but no promises yet.

When is there an available slot ?

Can you split that calendar up to Roadies and the Muddies, as I can't make head nor tail of it.

bugloss":2vg6dbqt said:
Well I suppose I could try to sort the Cheddar/Wells ride as I used to live around there, the hospitality though would be limited to the confines of a car boot and back seat, nowhere near as grand a spread as the one you laid on.

I'll get me map out, but no promises yet.

When is there an available slot ?

Sounds good once the national calenders are announced we can get our dates sorted and set in stone :cool:

-The Night ride concept was done with great success by the East midlands a couple of years ago so happy to support the idea if anyone wishes to pick a date in the calender and go for it?

Sounds interesting ! But as retro riders , would we all have to use white Wonder lights ? :LOL:
Mike

The hooky one where we split into nutters and softies and you had a mini car boot sale Dave.
And Andy's Klein sounded like a chainsaw.
And I came on an mtb :facepalm:
And I realised Mat is the actually like that in person too. :LOL:

The History Man":ehboysg3 said:
The hooky one where we split into nutters and softies and you had a mini car boot sale Dave.
And Andy's Klein sounded like a chainsaw.
And I came on an mtb :facepalm:
And I realised Mat is the actually like that in person too. :LOL:

That was the national ride Jason , The hooky one was the one later in the year when Karl and ken rode over from their brewery and we met them at Hook Norton.

I fully expect the national brewery ride to be on the calender for 2014 :cool:

Back