day long ride 3rd november birmingham/walsall **CANCELLED**

raleighrider21

Retro Guru
trying to organise a day long ride at the mo
so far theres deffinately two of us.
sunday 3rd November - meet up in Walsall with two of us (better parking for Walsall lot) then get the train upto Birmingham new street. where if there is anybody that wishes to meet us there we will meet outside new street station. then ride along cycle route 5 to Lichfield and hopefully get there by 1pm and spend a hour in Lichfield for food etc. then ride back into Birmingham down the same route. there the group will split, the Birmingham lot can bugger off :LOL: and Walsall group get the train back into Walsall.
can give the group meeting in Walsall street names where they can park without paying or getting tickets if needed. let us know if youre interested below.
the bike you have doesn't matter but I hope to be on the mtrax rsp that im trying to rush through if not ill be picking up another bike hopefully this weekend to be my back up. mtb is adviseable type of bike.

Re: day long ride sunday 3rd november birmingham/walsall

heres all the details etc

WALSALL GROUP (ones who are meeting me in walsall)
meet up outside walsall train station at 09:15am to get the 09:35am train into birmingham new street.
BIRMINGHAM PEOPLE -
IF anyone is meeting us in birmingham they should meet us outside the moor st station at roughly 10:20am (if theres anyone meeting us there could you please comment so that i can pass a mobile number to someone incase we are going to be late etc)

we will then ride from birmingham to lichfield along cycle route 5 starting from broad street, this is a nice long ride with a mixture of road/cycleway/canal towpath and maybe a bit of mud.

REALLY NEED TO KNOW IF ANYONE IS INTERESTED OR CAN EVEN MAKE IT ! :)

I can't make the ride dude but why don't you stick this thread in the West Midlands thread, you might get a bit more interest.

Likewise with your leicester thread below, try the East Midlands guys, they're pretty active, meeting up most weeks.

i might be up for this, although i am slightly , no more than slightly,rather quite terribly perturbed at some of the funky bar end arrangements i have just seen on your face book page :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

weeman_mtb":yg3uksdc said:
I can't make the ride dude but why don't you stick this thread in the West Midlands thread, you might get a bit more interest.

Likewise with your leicester thread below, try the East Midlands guys, they're pretty active, meeting up most weeks.
weeman_mtb":yg3uksdc said:

will try :)

Charlieboy28":yg3uksdc said:
i might be up for this, although i am slightly , no more than slightly,rather quite terribly perturbed at some of the funky bar end arrangements i have just seen on your face book page :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

no rides with bar ends will be coming that i know of - the funky bar end arrangements are park plodders and if he has to do that sort of stuff to keep riding so be it, will hopefully be riding with him when the 3 of us that are going to leicester so far go there, if he cant due to health etc then we have a trail planned just incase :) i personally think some of them are cool and how hes done them amazes me. not usually my stuff but if he wishes to post then ill let him some people on the page enjoy reading his stuff especially the shorts post :)

i might add to - sometimes im not keen on the bar ends that he has but its his choice and he rides fine with them. personally wouldnt ride with them and wouldnt allow anyone else with that sorta stuff to ride with my group. nobody with bar ends like those will be coming to this ride.

i changed my mind, the bar ends are cool, even his bar ends have bar ends :cool: :cool: :cool:

they confused me at first but once explained i get why theyre done but still dont get how :shock:

raleighrider21":3ptwnanp said:
they confused me at first but once explained i get why theyre done but still dont get how :shock:

They are a (bar) ends to a means. :mrgreen:

I'll get me coat (pron cowat in the Black Country if I'm not mistaken).

you know that moment when facepalm seriously isn't enough?

yup. that applies right there.

its Dudley folk that speak like that not Walsall people, big difference in how we speak lol

Back