Bristol - Theft Warning

NeilM

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Sorry everyone, I have got so into the habit of coming to the West Mids section, that I posted this here, rather than the South West section.

I guess the info is worth knowing if you are visiting Ashton Court or Leigh Woods trails, so I'll leave it here and repost it in the SW section as well.

I'm putting this in here as it seems the most appropriate section of the forum.

Last Sunday my daughter and a friend wanted to ride Leigh Woods and Ashton Court, so they parked up in North Rd (opposite Ashton Court). In the half an hour they were gone, the car was broken into and two (well hidden) bags were stolen.

The good news is that the Park Rangers in Ashton Court recovered the bags, the bad news is that Easter eggs, multi tools and a few other minor items were taken.

The Park Rangers told my daughter that they recover similar items on an almost daily basis from the deer park and other spots that they know of. These are usually from cars in Leigh Woods or North Rd.

So, if you are planning a ride up there, pay the £1.00 fee and park in Ashton Court.

Of course, it does raise the wider question of why the A&S Police don't put up a couple of those cctv cameras they use to monitor drug pushers activities, but that is another subject.

Back