West Midlands 2012 Annual awards

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
For those that didn't manage to attend our Christmas ride today thought we would publish the Annual awards that were presented to those in attendance.

PIKE OF THE YEAR AWARD : NevadaSmith (Hands down winner with the Mountain Mayhem absence, Rather fitting missing today to receive award :LOL: )

Ride of the Year: MTB - The British Steel ride in Forest of Dean (Hosted by Neilm & James)

Road- The Gospel pass hosted by Ededwards

Bike of the year: MTB - Rupeww Cannondale

Road- Grumpycommuter Raleigh Clubman

The Big one!!

Spirit of the Year - Ededwards

Winner of this years Spirit of the year has been presented to Ededwards for his continuing contributions to West Midlands rides, Ed has kindly hosted 4 rounds in 2012 covering both mountain bike and road only being out done by his lovely wife's banquets waiting for us when we return.

Thanks to everyone for a fantastic 2012 from your West midlands team

:cool:

Just had a good, hard think and i can honestly say this is the first thing ive won in 41 years...yaaaay :LOL:

Since Gospel pass ive been feeling under the weather and what with one thing and another very 'down in the dumps' so this has cheered me up no end.

My thanks go to everyone, riders and organisers, who have put on some great road-pottering this year.

Cheers,

Karl

Thanks Dave, great to win an award and completely unexpected.

To be honest the credit goes to Vinia for the catering which is a lesson to us all - forget the quality of the ride, lay on some quality sausage and weak beer and it's pure win. For 2013 we'll take it to the logical conclusion and forego the ride entirely, cutting straight to a top quality cooked breakfast with a side order of givin' it large.

A well deserved win for James.

Outstanding memory of the British Steel ride, was following James down a fire road, which then broke into three, we took the FOURTH exit, close to a tree, which was rather 'bat cave' like, as you could not see the path until you were actually riding it.

Sorry I missed Sundays ride, I was getting rain / hailed on in 'sunny' Devon.

Looking forwards to 2013.

Re: .

Grannygrinder":36rgm499 said:
:LOL: :LOL:
Well done all.
I must have been a close second for 'Pike of the year'. :oops:

You were Mike ha,ha

Afraid Adrians shameful account at Mayhem was the winner though lets see if he can retain his winning ways into 2013 ?!? :LOL: :LOL:

Re: .

daj":2mbhxn52 said:
Grannygrinder":2mbhxn52 said:
:LOL: :LOL:
Well done all.
I must have been a close second for 'Pike of the year'. :oops:

You were Mike ha,ha

Afraid Adrians shameful account at Mayhem was the winner though lets see if he can retain his winning ways into 2013 ?!? :LOL: :LOL:

Just seen this :LOL:

I would like to thank the rain, my job, my family, my dog and anyone else who has given me an excuse to PIKE and has therefore supported me in obtaining this prestigious award.

Next year I aim to increase my PIKE performance by PIKING half way round a ride - Dave I need some grooming from you to achieve this ;)

Congrats to Ed and the other winners - here's to 2013 :D

Back