2013 ideas/plans /wants?

daj

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
GT Fan
Feedback
View
Blank Calender for 2013

What would we like to see for our area in the new year?

-More of the same like this year?
-Different venues?
-more frequent/less frequent?
-Support national rides more?
-more road rides?

Speak out people we can only work WITH you :cool:

(try and keep any banter to the banter thread on this please!!)

Dave, Be nice to get back on the National calendar for 2013.With some careful planning think we could make it work.
I would like to see some rides in new/under used areas of the West Midlands .Will need ideas,volunteers willing to lead rides to make this work though
Always happy to arrange things down here too.

More on the road. I have been to the two this year, the Tour of the Brewery and Ed's Suicide Special. I massively enjoyed them both and am cursing a snotty cold for not making the Gospel.

I think a series of shorter rides (up to 35/40 miles) so as not to frighten people not used to the longer distances road riders tend to do.

Maybe we could do a "I'll take you on my favourite loop" series where the host takes a group around their regular training ride. I could tweek mine and come up with something here. Tea and cakes afterwards as well.

More road pottering please!!! I can do another from Atherstone if people are interested. How about an 'ebay' road ride? Simply get a bike from the bay specifically for the ride...shonkier the better.

grumpycommuter":2jd0tyk1 said:
More road pottering please!!! I can do another from Atherstone if people are interested. How about an 'ebay' road ride? Simply get a bike from the bay specifically for the ride...shonkier the better.

I like that idea - maybe a £20 quid limit or 1/100th of the monthly repayment on Dave's new plastic bike! :LOL:

just thinking of myself, i want to do as many rides as possible.and with the pinarello ( money pit) comming along at a steady pace i would be looking at any type of ride. as for a bit of help with a national ride,just tell me what to do and i will be there

and just of topic, has anyone had any thought,s about mayhem ? solo, 4 man or 10 man team ?

More road rides sound good, but not too long, as I'm still a novice at this drop bar malarky.

Jon and I quite fancy the night shift of Mayhem, provided the conditions aren't too bad.

Great feedback so far , Once the Mayhem thread opens up from Paul we can launch our own thread and see where we are with numbers?

Do you think the demand is there for the efforts needed to arrange 12 monthly rides? Even split road/mtb ? layoff when local bigger events are on such as HONC/Mayhem? I really like the idea of riding everyone's local routes? visiting other regions rides for example sharing a car down to the isle of wight rides? Afan weekend?

Lots of questions but the more feedback the better for everyone!! :D

I like the idea of going to other area,s and would be up for that.but I am not sure many others will be if they cannot even get to the FOD for jame,s great rides

Isle of wight sounds fun,we could do a road trip dave,like thelma snd louise,but with canti,s and stubble :LOL:

Back