new project

matthew71

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
collected this from gloucester yesterday morning, not had a road bike for 10 years ,so it should be fun.i just need to figure out how to put canti,s on it :D

Attachments

• pin16.jpg
    pin16.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 1,527
  • pin2.jpg
    pin2.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 1,527
Ohhh nice.

Roadyism is a growing affliction that seems to be infecting more and more retrobikers. In my case, I have been infected by a family member, and I am currently spending precious hours of my life on this.

BEFORE

DSC_0112.jpg

AFTER

DSC_0143.jpg

what year is that from neil?it reminds me of the bike i was given to ride when i rode for a team sponsored by raleigh. mine was one of the first 853,s they did.but was just a stock bike :D

Mine is an 853 from 1999, but it's the same as the R700 which was made from around 1997 ish.

Mine was sold just as a frameset, and from what I can gather was bought by a member of staff (who is still racing), hence the steel forks, rather than Mizuho carbon forks which were factory fitted.

From what I've found, it was made in road, track and cyclocross versions. There is a track frameset on the bay at the moment with a huge BIN.

It's the first road bike I have owned in over 30 years :shock:

I just found this posting!!! :roll:

Nice buy Matt !! Looking forward to seeing the finished product

Neil are you down for the gospel pass ride?

daj":1p44ftg9 said:
Neil are you down for the gospel pass ride?

No Dave, I think 70 miles and the biggest hill in Herefordshire are a bit beyond my capacity at present. :shock: :oops:

Back