Transfer in from the South-East Region...

BerthaPog

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Kona Fan
Feedback
View
Evening,

Not sure if there is official transfer policy between regions, but changes in job mean that I'll be moving up from Kent over the next few months as I officially start working at JLR in Whitley from tomorrow.

Going to need to find temporary & permanent accommodation, probably centred around Leamington (reasonable chance that job role will be transferring down to Gaydon with six months or so), so would appreciate any suggestions/comments from the locals on where to (or more importantly where not to) live.

Leamington or Warwick are good choices. Moved to the area for work 12 years ago and stayed so it can't be so bad. Drop me a PM if you want any further info.

i moved to nuneaton 5 years ago ted,and you would not be missing much by avoiding this place.john,s neck of the woods is a bit nicer but more expensive. i think john pay,s his way by selling fake 200 gs on ebay :D

hope to see you on the west mid,s rides, FOD is always a good one. and spence may bring some beer along for you :D

I worked at Gaydon for years (land rover or Astons Ted?)

Popular areas already mentioned Leamington (Little London ;) ) , Coventry :shock: , Banbury is pretty popular too

I live out in the Cotswolds which used to take me around 45 mins to get there roads can be quiet depending on hours 30 mins very possible.

where ever you end up be great having your around and look forward to seeing you on our rides :cool:

Thanks for the welcome peeps, first real chance to get back on the forum.

Will be playing with Jaguars and Land/Range Rovers of all types...

House hunting to start in earnest soon (accepted an offer on the house in Kent).

Now have temporary house in Barford (just south of Warwick/Leamington).

What am I doing at JLR - mainly project management stuff in chassis control.

Just need to get fully moved in and I can start riding properly.

TedC":hhrbmlkt said:
Now have temporary house in Barford (just south of Warwick/Leamington).

What am I doing at JLR - mainly project management stuff in chassis control.

Just need to get fully moved in and I can start riding properly.

hope to see you soon ted, not many chavvy white kona,s about these parts :LOL:

Back