Can only echo the above - a really pleasant day out and great that so many made the effort to attend despite sub zero temperatures and the promise of heavy snow in the afternoon (it never materialised although setting off during a decent flurry didn't bode well).
Frozen ground that had been churned up by horses hooves made for some interesting riding (as an aside - why are mountain bikes often held to be damaging to the environment/trails but horses aren't?) and, even though it was distinctly chilly, the conditions were generally pretty good.
- getting two punctures before the ride started (one in the shed - how does that happen? - and one on the pre-ride). Actually, this was a lowlight.
- the company, especially given the distances people travelled.
- Dave generously providing prizes and covering the costs of the food (so any credit for the sausage has to be with him).
- Dave 'taking one for the team' by falling off on some very obvious ice at below walking speed. I almost felt guilty for sniggering. Almost.
- splendid turnout of bikes with Adrian's dolomite Attitude and James' grello Yo really standing out amongst the snow.
- stealing Matt's prize
Putting on another ride in Haugh Woods in spring/summer is definitely possible as there's plenty more to explore.