West Midlands ride venues

theredchili

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
To run along side Ed's post of the 2012 West Midlands rides :

http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=178909

This thread is to see which venues people would like to see rides organised.The West Midlands is a big area,which some great places to get out on a bike

If we can come up with some new venues,then hopefully it will result in better turnout for the rides in our area.

Suggestions so far are :

- FoD
- Elan Valley
- Black Mountains
- Gap ride
- Cotswolds
- Long Mynd
- Malvern Hills
- Haugh Woods

good suggestions/bad suggestions ? ,lets get some feedback

So.......
➡️ Roll up, roll up , where would you like to see rides organized :?:

Attachments

• 1353.jpg
    1353.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 14,823
I did a Great ride in Worcestershire last year over Bredon Hill...I'd be Happy to pore over the Maps & make the route slightly better. Plenty of Climbing with some hiking, but a mix of lanes provides some nice respite. Really nice area and I did see a Pub with benches outside...Gonna have to be a warm weather one that though & I'll have to pencil in when I know where I'm at location wise. Could be out the country over Spring?...

Attachments

• Parsons FollyRT.jpg
    Parsons FollyRT.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 14,804
long mynd for me.....there is loads there in a relatively small space, from a gentle stroll to the full lung busting climbs to the top.....mynton batch is in my all time top five downhill runs, and the view from the top goes to snowdon one side across to cannock chase to the east.....all in, a great day out biking.....im happy to put a ride on if anyone likes.... :D

feetabix":239gwiba said:
long mynd for me.....there is loads there in a relatively small space, from a gentle stroll to the full lung busting climbs to the top.....mynton batch is in my all time top five downhill runs, and the view from the top goes to snowdon one side across to cannock chase to the east.....all in, a great day out biking.....im happy to put a ride on if anyone likes.... :D

Sounds good.

I've done a bit of green laning in South Shropshire but never taken a MTB.

Sounds like a good one to put down theredchili :D

feetabix":1yi73v0l said:

Definitely , can you pm me with some potential date and we'll get the ball rolling :cool:

claret73":174zw9bh said:
I did a Great ride in Worcestershire last year over Bredon Hill...I'd be Happy to pore over the Maps & make the route slightly better. Plenty of Climbing with some hiking, but a mix of lanes provides some nice respite. Really nice area and I did see a Pub with benches outside...Gonna have to be a warm weather one that though & I'll have to pencil in when I know where I'm at location wise. Could be out the country over Spring?...

keep us updated on this, sounds good ,do you fancy leading a ride there ?

James
Will get some info together this week on a route. It'll be a late Spring ride at best & again depends on my situ, where I'll be around then...
Keep you all posted though.

Back