Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Sep 28, 2016 7:46 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:51 pm 
Retro Guru

daj wrote:
mass199 wrote:
daj wrote:
i was too scared to even comment :shock: :shock:

I thought it was my ex for a moment. :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bit gutted you never noticed the carefully accessorized necklace :cry:

And what about the NOS blue Universal fold up shopper top left ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 3:34 pm 
Retro Guru

grumpycommuter wrote:
daj wrote:
mass199 wrote:
daj wrote:
i was too scared to even comment :shock: :shock:

I thought it was my ex for a moment. :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Bit gutted you never noticed the carefully accessorized necklace :cry:

And what about the NOS blue Universal fold up shopper top left ?

Love the shopper :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 2:54 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi,

I figured I should introduce myself as I'm about to crash one of your retro rides on Saturday! My name is Mark, & I've been riding MTBs since the mid-90's. These days I ride and race almost exclusively singlespeed off-road. My main ride is a custom titanium 29er, usually run with rigid forks & designed as both a fast endurance race bike and for multi-day bikepacking trips & racing. I do also have a bouncy geared Santa Cruz LT carbon, but it's gathering dust & I should probably sell it off as it just doesn't get ridden. Oh, and a 1996 Giant ATX990, but that's dead now :-(

I've also got a couple of geared road bikes, a 1998 Giant TCR2 and a 2011 Cannondale Supersix Himod.

I live in a small village just outside Burford, though we've been here less than a year and I'm yet to explore much of the local trails (are there any?!). Most of my off-road riding is done on the Chilterns and in Wales these days, and road riding around the Cotswolds.

I've had an interest in older bikes for a while but only recently taken the plunge & am in the process of buying a couple from members on here.

Oh, and I have a blog where I waffle about bikes & stuff... http://pedalhead.net

they found me...

and at the HONC this year...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:04 pm 
Gold Trader
Gold Trader

Hi Mark
Am further North than you in the Midlands, but just started looking into Bikepacking...used to Camp (& not in a Julian Clairy kinda way!!) & walk years ago with the School & Scouts (inviting more banter...). Been reading a few sites & am looking into getting a 29er for this & some gear...I'll probably pick your brains for info if I may at times...
I keep meaning to get out on the Nationals or West Mid rides, so maybe I'll catch you at some point.
Andy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:06 pm 

Hi all,

Just started my journey into the retro world, I've got some kit so far and an old GT Tequesta in the garage - needs new tyres(well, old ones for that matter) and I can't wait to join you on one of the rides soon. I should be able to upload some pics soon, just need a sunny day(that means next year perhaps?) to capture the beauty of my steed.

All the best and happy trails!

t

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:11 pm 
West Midlands AEC
West Midlands AEC

kazafaza wrote:
Hi all,

Just started my journey into the retro world, I've got some kit so far and an old GT Tequesta in the garage - needs new tyres(well, old ones for that matter) and I can't wait to join you on one of the rides soon. I should be able to upload some pics soon, just need a sunny day(that means next year perhaps?) to capture the beauty of my steed.

All the best and happy trails!

t

Welcome!!

Hope to see you soon , we are a friendly bunch so don't be shy

Cheers

Daj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:01 pm 

I'm Rob i live in Kingsbury North warwicks, i recently discovered the joys of biking after quite a few years lay off. I own an Orange clockwork which i bought new in 94 with little use really i used to be more in road and i've still got an Aende hand built 531c race frame road bike i used to do miles and miles on back in the 90's started riding the clockwork again and really enjoying myself.
As you might note this is my first thread, found this site a few weeks ago been reading ever scince and thought its good why not join . Probably a bit more senior than most on this site- well put it this way I'm not over the hill yet but the view is getting better every year :wink: still tear around like a loon scaring dog walkers in the water park by us, seems to hurt more than i remember when i get of the bike though...
Would love to come along to the rides and hopefully will make one in the near future (need to up the fitness to keep up with you youngsters)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 10:16 pm 
West Midlands AEC
West Midlands AEC

Bobw wrote:
I'm Rob i live in Kingsbury North warwicks, i recently discovered the joys of biking after quite a few years lay off. I own an Orange clockwork which i bought new in 94 with little use really i used to be more in road and i've still got an Aende hand built 531c race frame road bike i used to do miles and miles on back in the 90's started riding the clockwork again and really enjoying myself.
As you might note this is my first thread, found this site a few weeks ago been reading ever scince and thought its good why not join . Probably a bit more senior than most on this site- well put it this way I'm not over the hill yet but the view is getting better every year :wink: still tear around like a loon scaring dog walkers in the water park by us, seems to hurt more than i remember when i get of the bike though...
Would love to come along to the rides and hopefully will make one in the near future (need to up the fitness to keep up with you youngsters)

Hello Bob and Welcome!!

Hope to see along to some of the rides we have various road ventures through the year too so keep your eyes peeled

Cheers

daj

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:35 am 
Retro Guru

as123 wrote:

I don't suppose you will be coming to the West Midlands rides?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 9:41 am 
98+ Moderator
98+ Moderator

Ive deleted the spammer

thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next