West Midlands riders say hello

theredchili

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Hello all :D:

We want to make the rides in our area interesting as possible with good attendance, in places where people want to ride, for this we need to know a little more about who we have in the West Midlands area.

So this thread is to introduce yourself to everyone else, we want to get a feel for how many riders we have in the area, where your based and what you look like !
The idea being that we can get to know each other better, so that when we meet at a ride we'll know who we all are,also help with the organisation of future rides ( suggestions and help always welcome)

Can you post up a pic or two of yourself,where you mainly ride. It would be great if as many people as possible in our area to post in here as it gives a good idea of who is posting and who is riding at the meets.

Please try to keep this thread on theme, we will be running more threads on where you would like the rides to be held in the future.

Don't be shy, were all friends ;)

... I better kick things off, my names James, I have been mountain biking for since 1989 on and off,used to race a life time ago.
I live in the Forest Of Dean where I mainly ride,as you may of noticed I am quite Partial to Fat Chances :oops: though I can be seen on a modern bikes, i mainly ride Single speed,which is great for the trails around here.Im usualy the one with no food as I always forget to bring any, so please bring extra ;)

Looking forward for some great rides this year

:cool:

Attachments

• IMG_1857.jpg
    IMG_1857.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 17,362
  • DSC_0807.jpg
    DSC_0807.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 17,362
Go on then I'll go next.......

I'm Chris and live in Coseley near Wolverhampton. I've ridden bikes all my life on and off but really got the passion and some fitness back three years ago when I started commuting daily by bike.

I don't get out much on the bike (apart from the daily ride to work) because I've got two young kids. Last year I think I did five rides, all of which were organised retrobike ones.

I don't feel I'm particularly photogenic, but here's one I can just about bear to look at. This is from the Peaks ride last year on my favourite bike, a '93 Diamond Back Ascent rescued from the scrapyard.

Attachments

• Me Peaks.jpg
    Me Peaks.jpg
    182.4 KB · Views: 17,338
Here is me!! Been kicking around Retrobike since 2008 , Just taken on Joint AEC role with James and Adrian (who will be along shortly im sure) hoping to really put West Midlands on the map with some great rides in 2012. You will always find me at the back of the pack complaining about my latest rubbish tyre choice :cool:

Based in the heart of the Cotswolds I ride everywhere partially enjoy new venues and planing on attending all rounds of the 2012 national series (be a challenge one round is 6 days after I get married ! :shock: )

Hoping to see old and new faces in 2012

Cheers

daj

DSC_0732.jpg

I'm Ed, based near Hereford. Not much more to add apart from I am beyond pathetic if the road or trail points even a bit downhill - remember, you can put a cat in an oven but that don't make it a biscuit.

Here's one of the more flattering photos of me about to unleash the fury.

Attachments

• 251184_10150350351494762_612249761_10274327_4234197_n.jpg
    251184_10150350351494762_612249761_10274327_4234197_n.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 17,327
I'm Mark I live on the edge of the FoD, I've been mixing Mx, bmx and mountain biking since 1979.

I'm the one on the right.

Attachments

• DSC_0856.jpg
    DSC_0856.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 17,312
  • img_1850_171.jpg
    img_1850_171.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 17,274
Hi, I am Adrian, been on Retro bike for a few years but only started going out on forum rides last year with Dave.

I am Deputy Dog AEC so I'll be doing my best to help Dave and James get this region sorted with some fun rides on cool bikes with fellow RB'ers :cool:

Here is a pic of me, it's one of Dave's better efforts, his photographic skills are ace ;)

DSC00343.jpg

Edit: I live in Gloucester :D

Hi

I'm Carol, one of the few female members of the forum. I'm occasionally tempted out in the FOD as I live in Ross on Wye.

I prefer road riding really and have to confess to a couple of modern roadbikes as well as some retrobikes. Retro ones are, a slime green Rockhopper (that's been waiting about a year for me to remember how to tighten the wheel bearings) and an Orange C16R (which is usually just about rideable as long as I've remembered to tighten everything up)

I've enjoyed a few retro rides (as long as there are some easy options) and have also taken part in HONC and MM

This year I'm taking a back seat as I changed my job a year ago - the new one is full on and I'm having to do a part time university course as well. 15 hours a week study on top of a full time job doesn't leave much time for cycling- but hope to be back in the Autumn!

Hello. My name is John. I've been on retrobike quite a while and have lived in the West Midlands most of my life. I have a signed photo of Alan Towers (RIP) somewhere.

Anyhow shamefully not been on any of the local rides, need to correct that this year, hopefully see you out.

293258_10150420594669762_612249761_10932944_1390716_n.jpg

I'm on the left.

Here I am at HONC last year!

Attachments

• 20110410AX3930 (EM) - Copy.jpg
    20110410AX3930 (EM) - Copy.jpg
    183.4 KB · Views: 17,287
Back