West Midlands Christmas ride - Saturday 17th

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Christmas ride

Where? Haugh Woods. Meet at 'top carpark' (it's the only one!) http://www.forestry.gov.uk/website/recr ... HaughWoods

From Hereford, take the B4224 towards Ross-on-Wye (or from Fownhope take the B4224 towards Hereford). At Mordiford turn at The Moon pub following signs for Haugh Wood and Woolhope. The main carpark is about 2 miles along this road on the left hand side at the highest point. Mordiford is the nearest village.

When? Saturday 17th December 2011

Time? 10 a.m. at car park for a 10.30 a.m. start (alternative is to meet at mine but limited parking and all uphill to the top carpark. PM me if you prefer this option - we'll need to leave at 9.30 a.m. at the latest)

Duration? 90-120 minutes of mainly singletrack with a great pub for lunch and a bit more riding afterwards. Should be done by mid afternoon at the latest.

Confirmed riders
- ededwards
- daj
- gump?
- Russell?
- mass199
- nevadasmith
- clunker?
- Funk to Funky?
- grannygrinder?

I have booked the date in the diary, location sounds good to me never ridden mtb in hereford area before :D

Re: West Midlands Christmas ride

ededwards":s25txkoq said:
Thanks to Dave for the top idea of having a local Christmas ride punctuated by a pub lunch (and a post lunch waddle, no doubt).

I'll suggest Saturday 17th December 2011 and can arrange 90-120 minutes of mainly singletrack from mine with a great pub for lunch and a bit more riding afterwards.

However it would be great to hear other suggestions too so feel free to post up and we'll go for a concensus decision.

Great idea , but unfortunatey I can't make that weekend , have another Christmas dinner and a concert in Liverpool to attend :(

I watch with interest to see if anything changes

Can I come? Might be the only time I get on a mountain bike this Autumn the way things are going!

Sounds like fun - although I am still recovering from the last Ed lead ride in this area - JUST (1450m) up here.... still what damage can he do in an hour an a half.......? Count me in :D

Looks like we have a goer on this, now to plan the route (don't worry, n particular climbing) and maybe even make a lunch booking at the pub.

Yeah.......just remember some of us are elderly and unfit when planning your route!

Now......off to South Wales for a few days to remember what riding a bike is like!

Latest posts

Back