Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 9:39 pm

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:34 pm 
West Midlands AEC
West Midlands AEC
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 11:06 pm
Posts: 6266
Location: Stow on the Wold, Glos
Had a fantastic day in the forest in great company

Went places where I have never been before and feel proper pooped ha,ha

Roll on the next ride!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:22 pm 
West Midlands Deputy AEC
West Midlands Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:30 pm
Posts: 3830
Location: Suffolk
daj wrote:
Had a fantastic day in the forest in great company

Went places where I have never been before and feel proper pooped ha,ha

Roll on the next ride!!


Let me know if you go again soon - got a new bike to try ;)


Last edited by Coleman on Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:30 pm 
98+ Moderator
98+ Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:53 pm
Posts: 4098
Location: Single Speeding in the Capital of the FoD,UK
nevadasmith wrote:
daj wrote:
Had a fantastic day in the forest in great company

Went places where I have never been before and feel proper pooped ha,ha

Roll on the next ride!![/quote

Let me know if you go again soon - got a new bike to try ;)


you can always give me a shout,can be free some afternoons in the week also 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:46 pm 
West Midlands AEC
West Midlands AEC
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 11:06 pm
Posts: 6266
Location: Stow on the Wold, Glos
nevadasmith wrote:
daj wrote:
Had a fantastic day in the forest in great company

Went places where I have never been before and feel proper pooped ha,ha

Roll on the next ride!![/quote

Let me know if you go again soon - got a new bike to try ;)


I thought you were still out of action ...Have to be honest I didnt think to ask :oops:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 12:31 am 
West Midlands Deputy AEC
West Midlands Deputy AEC
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:30 pm
Posts: 3830
Location: Suffolk
theredchili wrote:
you can always give me a shout,can be free some afternoons in the week also 8)


Will do :D

daj wrote:
I thought you were still out of action ...Have to be honest I didnt think to ask :oops:


You just don't love me anymore :cry: you are dumped, I'm now going out with James after work :P

Wait a minute we broke up with my GT and Saracen still in your garage :facepalm:

I am free the weekend of the 26/27th Nov in anyone fancies a forest ride?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:50 pm 
West Midlands AEC
West Midlands AEC
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 14, 2008 11:06 pm
Posts: 6266
Location: Stow on the Wold, Glos
nevadasmith wrote:
theredchili wrote:
you can always give me a shout,can be free some afternoons in the week also 8)


Will do :D

daj wrote:
I thought you were still out of action ...Have to be honest I didnt think to ask :oops:


You just don't love me anymore :cry: you are dumped, I'm now going out with James after work :P

Wait a minute we broke up with my GT and Saracen still in your garage :facepalm:

I am free the weekend of the 26/27th Nov in anyone fancies a forest ride?



DUMPED ?!? :lol:

What if I promise of no more docking in the FOD with strangers?!?! :lol: :lol:


I am sure something can be sorted for the 26th/27th just wont tell Claire at the moment :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 5:56 pm 
98+ Moderator
98+ Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:53 pm
Posts: 4098
Location: Single Speeding in the Capital of the FoD,UK
daj wrote:
nevadasmith wrote:
theredchili wrote:
you can always give me a shout,can be free some afternoons in the week also 8)


Will do :D

daj wrote:
I thought you were still out of action ...Have to be honest I didnt think to ask :oops:


You just don't love me anymore :cry: you are dumped, I'm now going out with James after work :P

Wait a minute we broke up with my GT and Saracen still in your garage :facepalm:

I am free the weekend of the 26/27th Nov in anyone fancies a forest ride?



DUMPED ?!? :lol:

What if I promise of no more docking in the FOD with strangers?!?! :lol: :lol:




No docking Dave :shock:

I may be free that weekend now , so keep me in the loop


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:37 pm 
98+ Moderator
98+ Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:53 pm
Posts: 4098
Location: Single Speeding in the Capital of the FoD,UK
Well, you know sometimes you get back in from a ride and you just wanna go out again and again, that's how I felt after Saturdays ride,so What can you do ? go out for a nice lunch time ride :lol:
Luckily for me I work from home and therefore flexible working so I went to FoD City Cycles secret Bike storage facility so select a weapon of choice- easy my '88 Wicked Fat Chance single speed as I want to see If I can survive on single speeds as my main rider :shock:
So I lycra'd up for the first time in twenty years and went retro light weight.First part of the route entailed a fairly nasty climb across two fields and down into the woods.The Woods (which will remain nameless) have a large figure of eight fire track around them ,along with cleared muddy single track.Two parts of the "fig" have two long, slow climbs which are a bast**d !!
So into the woods , turned left and down a single track, that lovely mud you only get after horses churn it up, and not onto the top section of the "fig 8",a proper big dog moment ( if you had more than one upfront !)than after a gental climb,it's time for some exploring,of the main track into a narrow path and down hill which was muddy and full of solitude, I can count the number of people I have seen in these woods in the last 10 years on two hands, the number of horse riders on one hand and mountain bikers on one finger !!! 8) , so after the last bit of down hill, rocky ,muddy and slippy all in one , it joins the bottom "fig" and ready for a climb that only Mr Edwards would enjoy, slow gradual, getting steeper towards the top, probably about 2-3 K climb, I made it 2/3 rds of the way before dismounting , but pleased considering I'm riding single speed.top of the hill peel off and back across the fields, quick wash of the bike, quick shower and sandwich and ready for an afternoons work :roll:
Not really long enough for a full retro ride, certainly great as an evening ride, can extend into the next woodland along for those extra lung burning hills :D

I do like working from home !


Last edited by theredchili on Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:58 pm 
Retro Guru
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 11, 2011 11:18 pm
Posts: 733
Location: The FoD.
theredchili wrote:
Well, you know sometimes you get back in from a ride and you just wanna go out again and again, that's how I felt after Saturdays ride,so What can you do ? go out for a nice lunch time ride :lol:
Luckily for me I work from home and therefore flexible working so I went to FoD City Cycles secret Bike storage facility so select a weapon of choice- easy my '88 Wicked Fat Chance single speed as I want to see If I can survive on single speeds as my main rider :shock:
So I lycra'd up for the first time in twenty years and went retro light weight.First part of the route entailed a fairly nasty climb across two fields and down into the woods.The Woods (which will main nameless) have a large figure of eight fire track around them ,along with cleared muddy single track.Two parts of the "fig" have two long, slow climbs which are a bast**d !!
So into the woods , turned left and down a single track, that lovely mud you only get after horses churn it up, and not onto the top section of the "fig 8",a proper big dog moment ( if you had more than one upfront !)than after a gental climb,it's time for some exploring,of the main track into a narrow path and down hill which was muddy and full of solitude, I can count the number of people I have seen in these woods in the last 10 years on two hands, the number of horse riders on one hand and mountain bikers on one finger !!! 8) , so after the last bit of down hill, rocky ,muddy and slippy all in one , it joins the bottom "fig" and ready for a climb that only Mr Edwards would enjoy, slow gradual, getting steeper towards the top, probably about 2-3 K climb, I made it 2/3 rds of the way before dismounting , but pleased considering I'm riding single speed.top of the hill peel off and back across the fields, quick wash of the bike, quick shower and sandwich and ready for an afternoons work :roll:
Not really long enough for a full retro ride, certainly great as an evening ride, can extend into the next woodland along for those extra lung burning hills :D

I do like working from home !


Sounds like you had a good afternoon. :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:13 pm 
98+ Moderator
98+ Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Thu May 05, 2011 10:53 pm
Posts: 4098
Location: Single Speeding in the Capital of the FoD,UK
Been out for the day on a pre Twizzle, Twizzle !

Busy out , but quiet away from the centre trails , wicked out of action , so used the Fat , no probs :D


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 275 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 28  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

About Us

Follow Retrobike

Other cool stuff

All content © 2005-2015 Retrobike unless otherwise stated.
Cookies Policy.
bikedeals - the best bike deals in one place
FatCOGS - Fat Chance Owner's Group

Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group