Today I was mostly riding.....

ededwards

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
....the long way home from work which involved the climbs of the Callow, Tump Lane, Much Birch and Barracks Hill (the latter three will be familiar to those who came on the Herefordshire Road Ride on Saturday just gone.

What did you ride?

ededwards":qyslc82u said:
....the long way home from work which involved the climbs of the Callow, Tump Lane, Much Birch and Barracks Hill (the latter three will be familiar to those who came on the Herefordshire Road Ride on Saturday just gone.

What did you ride?

Them names just made me shudder and lunge for an energy gel !! :shock:

Been out twice today in the FoD, one on the Cannodale M1000 and once on the Cube,lovely sunny autumn day

Great weekend of riding :LOL:

12.5 mile XC route in the FoD with Funk to Funky , Mass199 and three other mates, after lunch a couple of us then rode up and did Dr Johns followed by some exploring for future RB rides ;)

Rode my Zaskar, for the first time since the re-build when it hasn't been on the trainer in the kitchen, yesterday. Only to the chemist and back (15 mins) but bit of off roading over the field and felt amazing. I'm not too proud to admit that I actually squealed with excitment, like a little girl, when accelerating along the gravel path at the side of the field. :) :) :)

I went down to the woods today and found a big surprise.

4 hours of surprisingly mud free fun, very few other cyclists and a good bit of "let's see what's down there, oh bugger we're in the ferns and brambles". Splendid fun and it was only when we got back to the more popular stuff that we found proper mud/chewed up trails.

Potentially confused by Little Red Riding Hood and Goldilocks, as per The Riles I had my shorts and socks not too long and not too short but I did emerge with scratches that suggested that I'd been attacked by a half hearted bear, or at least a prairie dog. Smashing stuff.

Went out and retraced the route from our ride on Saturday , though part way round it was getting dark and I had no lights , so I did what any self respecting cross country rider would do ? That's right , thought I would try a downhill run to see what all the fuss was about :shock: There were times I was wishing I had some sort of protection on, other times I was wishing I had 6"+ of suspension , but I got to the bottom without any 13 year old kids on £5k bikes behind me, in fact I didn't see anyone else all the time I was out ( guess some people have better things to do than ride out in the rain.
So I got to the bottom of the Corkscrew run , pumped and smiling , so beasted myself up to the top again and rode down the last three technical sections of the verderers in the mud. I rode this with the seat still dropped from the downhill run and it made a great difference on the tech sections , hire-rites on all bikes now ;)

Top solo ride

Was just thinking that. Nearest I got to a bike I got today was some BSO on top of a scrap metal heap somewhere deep in the Black Country.

Back