1st big Klein meet 2012 for the Benelux 17-6-2012

kleinrenzo

Retro Guru
Here we go then !

Heelsum 17-6-2012

Will be the date and place for the happening. details will follow later!

Please let us know if you are coming by sending me a PM or leave a message on this topic

Looking forward!

Cheers Renzo

I could be in depending on date and location. Last year the retroride was in Laage Vuursche near Utrecht. That was a nice location heard form several people. I am not familiar there but maybe someone?

Or Hattem, near Zwolle. I could arrange a ride but there's no great showplace for the bikes.

Cheers,
Martin

Klein

I think it's depending on how many people are interested in coming what to arrange with the show!

If it's like just ten of us then we can maybe arrange a fotoshoot in your garden Martin and you can put on the barbeque :LOL:

If it's more then that then maybe we should arrange a bit more?

If we only could arrange a small part of the German meet. Here's the threat to the last german meet: http://www.kleintreffen.de/pages/pics-video.php

I know our east-neighbours are way more crazy about Klein then we Dutchies but we could make something out of it.

When there's a small amount of interest I could arrange something in my small backgarden in Zwolle city (our daugther would like some pink Kleins:)). We have to cycle 10 km to Hattem for a ride on the Veluwe. Or just meet at Hattem, ride something and just hang around in the centre or near the Leemcule.

I have arranged a overall retroride in Hattem last year. It became a small group of 6 retroriders. So I think we have to out the meet more.

Hello guy's, I'm in to!
I think I've got a better idea. In the area of Wageningen, Oosterbeek, Arnhem, I know a guy and he knows every trail there.
The other interestinh thing is that he owns like 500 bikes and also a lot of Klein's.
Fot sure he want to show them to us and guide us trough the nice area he lives in...
It's alway good to have some options, the option mentioned by Martin sounds also good to me.

I think that we have to propose a date. What do you guy's think of 26-05 or 9 or 16-06?

Greetz, Dirk

Couldn't be anyone else then Jeroen I think.....

How far do we want to go with the Klein thing? I think it would be nice to have only Kleins and non other brands. Therefore are the regular retrorides.

Indeed it is Jeroen :)

I agree, but Jeroen owns like almost 20 Klein's, so he probably will ride one of his Klein's I think :)
I also knwo a couple of guy's with Klein's and I will send them this link.

Good thing this thread will lead to a Klein meet. Unfortunately I dont know anyone else with a Klein except you from RB (and I forgot te one who bought my Sea&Sky Adroit last year).

Will look forward to see more plans. Must have a look in my agenda and have to build my Klein again. Just moved to another house, am (re)building this for over 4 months now and our daugther takes loads of time. But will definately try to be there.

Hopefully I will have found myself a 22" MC2 wich I dare to ride harder then my MC1. Am I the only one who doesnt dare to ride their MC1's hard with long seatposts? Seen too many cracked ones over the year. Or am I just too scared??

Cheers,
Martin

Klein

http://bike123.com/used_bikes/used_sbik ... hp?ID=1428 ;) Martin from seconspincycles knows these people.

Most MC1's do crack but seen as many XS's as XL's with crack, it's not the size of the frame that matters i think? I think it's use (or abuse) length of the post, tightning of the seatpostclamp and a bit of Klein's own construction fault?

Martin":2gzetv3s said:
Good thing this thread will lead to a Klein meet. Unfortunately I dont know anyone else with a Klein except you from RB (and I forgot te one who bought my Sea&Sky Adroit last year).

Will look forward to see more plans. Must have a look in my agenda and have to build my Klein again. Just moved to another house, am (re)building this for over 4 months now and our daugther takes loads of time. But will definately try to be there.

Hopefully I will have found myself a 22" MC2 wich I dare to ride harder then my MC1. Am I the only one who doesnt dare to ride their MC1's hard with long seatposts? Seen too many cracked ones over the year. Or am I just too scared??

Cheers,
Martin

For my MC1 I am using a 425mm Syncros post. With my saddle at 85cm from BB it's just enough. Only thing is that, in my opinion, I have to tighten the seatclamp very hard just to fit the seatpost properly. I have measured the post and seattube and it should be ok. Only Shannon makes 500mm seatposts but they are very rare and expensive.

The later MC1 and all MC2 use 31,6 wich just sounds and looks more save. Have had Team MC2 in 22" but had to make the decission wich to keep (you know, the money thing). Fortunately I have chosen the MC1 to keep. Or the later Rascals, they have a shorter part of the seattube on top. They seem to crack less harder then the older ones with the hughe part of seattube on top.

My first Attitude (20" Dolomite/team USA) had the seatclamp cut off and used a seatclamp. It was way too small for me but I dared to ride it as it should be.

Well enough said about the cracking thing, more about the meet..:)

Latest posts

Back