Classic British touring frameset

EPR

Old School Hero
i all,

I've been on the hunt for my perfect touring frame for a while now... I'm ideally looking for something built by Longstaff, Woodrup, Mercian, Bob Jackson, or similar.

In terms of specs I'm looking for a full 700c touring setup, including braze-ons for canti brakes, front and rear pannier racks and mudguards, and at least two water bottle cages. Size-wise something in the 56cm ctc region (+/- 2cm) would be best. Flourishes like chroming (e.g. Longstaff's chromed dropout) or fancy lugs (e.g. Mercian's Vincitore) always a bonus.

Condition doesn't matter too much, happy to have bits rebrazed or the frame repainted if needs be.

Thanks!

I have a Longstaff frame which is 57cm ctc 59 ctt its more of a project due to the work it needs doing to it needs a rear seat stay drive side repaint and cant braze ons if thats the route your going down if interested I get you some photos later.

Re:

Brilliant, many thanks for getting in touch. I’d be really interested in seeing it! I will PM you now.

Thanks for getting in touch. I really like old Evans touring frames, there's always something so elegant about their proportions. I think I'm going to hold out for one of the builders above though - best of luck with the sale!

Back