leather for saddle covering

foz

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
preferably black... anyone got anything suitable, enough for a saddle (or three!) ?

I can't find any anywhere, and the fake plastic stuff isn't stretchy enough to go round the sharper curves without bunching up and looking bad :facepalm:

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

I get mine at the tip or charity shops, clothing is good and thin. furniture stuff is usually a bit thick.

Cheers

Re:

Was wondering about thickness... What would you recommend? Must be thin and flexible enough to fit well, but thick enough not to wear through easily.

if it was a bit thick, could you not steam it to get it soft and pliable in order to get it take a shape/form you want

really interest to see where you go with this one

Re:

I looked at the leather I was replacing, on a flite I it was less than 1mm thick. You can thin it down by soaking it and then scraping the non finished side. I found it easier to find a pair of leather trousers for a couple of quid than discover a new skill!

Back