Retrobike Forum Index

It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:28 am

* Login   * Register * Search  * FAQ

Forum rules

**Classified Rules & Guidance - Feedback - Dispute Procedure - Gold Trader Status - All Adverts Need A Price - 5 Adverts Maximum - Leave Prices In Sold Adverts - No cross posting adverts**

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:35 am 
Dirt Disciple

Anyone got any unwanted uniglide sprockets I can replace them as little g as the teeth are not too worn.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:39 pm 
Old School Hero

Copied from Sheldon Browns amazing website.

"Sprockets smaller than 14 teeth used a built-in spacer, but the other splined sprockets were reversible, so that if you wore out one side, you could flip them over and the other side was just like new!
Uniglide cassettes are no longer available. If you have a hub that only uses Uniglide cassettes, the best thing to do is to upgrade the hub by transplanting a Hyperglide body onto it.

Alternatively, you can fit Hyperglide sprockets onto a Uniglide body by grinding or filing off the one wide spline. You'll still need a threaded Uniglide sprocket for the top-gear position. Supplies of these are getting scanty, though it is possible to grind a worn sprocket so it will work with a new chain, or use a 3/32" track sprocket -- the threading is the same, though you may have to grind down the flange or install the sprocket backward and use a spacer."

I have done both successfully,swapping the body if the rim has little wear,or modifying it if the rim was getting near to needing replacing.
Good Luck

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 3:56 pm 
Retro Guru

I’ve just upgraded so got two sets up for grabs.
1) 8-speed set in silver which I bought NOS and has very little use. It’s either 13-23 or 14-23 and has original box and 7- and 8-speed spacers £25 delivered
2) 6-speed set in black, 13-23 with original spacers, original early 90s set and has seen some miles but still useable £15 delivered
3) 15T locking cog £5 delivered

I don’t have a pic of all of them, but here are 5 of the cogs from the 8-speed set, the 6-speed spacers and the 15T locking cog which I used as my custom 6-speed hilly set :D

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 4:06 pm 
Dirt Disciple

Hi I'll take those please can you pm me your details etc

Thanks