Mavic Module E rim 700c 36 hole

Mavic MA2 is 20mm and looks like a module E and might be easier to find? Is the Module E for a specific tyre..

Re:

I agree about the MA2s but it's for someone who wants a direct replacement.
How's that Carhall going? I nearly got hold of another last week but the owner decided to keep it for now so I ended up with a nice carlton clubman instead!
Thanks for the response.
Cheers

Good evening :). Blimey you have a good memory. The Carhall is tucked up in a box in the garage, I bought a couple of forks for it including some slightly aero Peugeot 753 jobbies but none looked right. Its a slow burner looking for some round track type forks from the era :).

Is the Clubman in eau de nil?

Re:

Nothing so posh, it's been reenamelled in a bright green which look better than it sounds! I dont think it's a keeper so may strip the bits and put the frame up for sale.
Cheers

Just curious what size is the Clubman :)

I was around when the Michelin Elan and Module E came about, what a mess! I was a Sperchampion fan and rode their rims most of the time unless I wanted something super tough on the tub front and then it was good old fiamme.

It all went a bit tits up as Wolber / Mavic / Superchampion went into a company mixer and Mavic won.... Using Superchampion quality.....and the MA2 arrived :)

Re:

Like this.

Attachments

• 02CE6F00-1CC4-416A-AECD-1D6711DCFED4.jpeg
    02CE6F00-1CC4-416A-AECD-1D6711DCFED4.jpeg
    189.9 KB · Views: 726
  • 71A459F5-7FEB-49EC-BB6F-072E2A344FDF.jpeg
    71A459F5-7FEB-49EC-BB6F-072E2A344FDF.jpeg
    50.6 KB · Views: 726
I think that's a later Module E I think , Superchampion had the Gentleman about at the same time.... Goodness knows what Wolber were doing.

There was a mad charge to make a tyre/tube the same dimension as a tub lol

Back