23mm crank puller required

MarkS

Old School Hero
Hi everyone,

I’m on the scrounge for a 23mm crank puller, for an old-ish TA crankset I’m replacing. And as I’m replacing, don’t want to spend silly money if I’m only going to use it for no more than 30 seconds.

Anyone got one lurking in the bottom of their tool chests?

Re:

Just a thought, but if you'll only be using the extractor the once, then why not call at a bike shop where they deal with vintage bikes and borrow their tool they'll most likely have? I can understand you not wanting to pay a lot for the tool, but in my experience these are nearly always sold for quite high amounts, just due to the relative rarity value. Or if there's no bike shop like that above in your neighbourhood, another idea is check through the 'loan a tool' list on the LFGSS site, and there could be someone local to you (not me, unfortunately) who I'm sure would help you out. Not sure if I should mention the other site though :oops:

Re: Re:

walkmanman":2f8ujbkx said:
Just a thought, but if you'll only be using the extractor the once, then why not call at a bike shop where they deal with vintage bikes and borrow their tool they'll most likely have? I can understand you not wanting to pay a lot for the tool, but in my experience these are nearly always sold for quite high amounts, just due to the relative rarity value. Or if there's no bike shop like that above in your neighbourhood, another idea is check through the 'loan a tool' list on the LFGSS site, and there could be someone local to you (not me, unfortunately) who I'm sure would help you out. Not sure if I should mention the other site though :oops:

How would you like me to ask to borrow your bike for a quick ride up the road? Shop owners have spent a lot of money equipping themselves with tools in order to earn a living - not to loan them out for free.

Back