SORTED!! :-D) Kashimax Aero AX-4A Saddle??

ZG862

Retro Guru
You:
Tired of the discomfort and slightly flashy looks of this narrow silver beast (well white, but Kashimax called it silver). Probably removed it years ago and slung it in the garage.
-or-
You know where one is...

Me:
Trying to restore a 1984 Dawes Imperial. Slightly fanatical due to far too much time spent re-polishing alloy components and searching out 1980s Dawes catalogues. Looking to transfer (limited) restoration skills to a tired but usable saddle and thus keep me away from the trifle at Christmas. :xmas-big-grin:

Z

Re:

Just in case you were standing there wondering whether that old saddle you have in the shed is exactly what I'm after, does it look like this?:
mv1290_1491568474.jpg

If the answer is "yes, so it does", then I can help you with that spring clearout you promised yourself! :D

Z
(Incidentally, I found the posted image on a Japanese(?) website, where it might well be for sale but my written Japanese is quite as bad as my spoken Japanese (i.e. non-existant). If anyone is a dab hand, the site is http://www.bic-shimamura.com, which looks like it might be a vintage parts trader. Can't see a silver saddle there any longer so suspect the image is from an old listing :( )

I love RetroBike.
The world's most unlikely request has turned up golden (or should that be pearl silver?), and a vintage saddle is riding its way across the pond as I type.

Sod's Law (1982, as amended) states that two more of you will now turn up a pristine AX-4A that you wish to pass on to a new (and only slightly creepily loving) home. If that happens, please don't feel too embarassed to pm me as the one that I've bought has an incurable scuff (aka "hole"). It's the best one on the planet right now though.

Z

Back