Campag C Record Hub Dustcap Puller Tool

rusty bodie

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Does anyone have one of these tools that I could borrow/ buy. I just bought a C Record front hub and can't get the alloy caps off to service the guts - I daren't prize them for fear of damaging the somewhat immaculate alloy surfaces! :shock:

Happy to pay Recorded postage both ways if you have one you could lend me for a day or two.

Many thanks,

Craig

Re:

Thanks for that. Funny as I used to work as a mechanic and had thought about a hub puller type tool but of course had never seen one small enough for bike hubs.

I think that this might just work!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Van-Wiper ... Sw-KFXdiia

Any thoughts??

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Can offer no help but very interested to find out if that tool works. My CR hubs are silky smooth but I'll wear them out one day...

Z

... Only if you have a supply of chrome-plated unobtanium, a sonic screwdriver and Campagnolo's patent "added value" machine.

Z

Re:

Even more nerve-racking with the high flange versions I suspect! Possibly an even more expensive tool required...

Re:

I've ordered one of those battery terminal removers from ebay - £6 odds - i'll let you know how it goes . .

:cool:

Re:

Update:

The battery terminal tool worked to perfection! The alloy dustcaps were
pretty well fused with the hub shell, but it pulled them out with ease.

Many thanks for all your suggestions,

Craig

Back