60s/70s Raleigh Mudguard Bolts & Chainstay Gear Cable Clips

ironbike

Dirt Disciple
I'm restoring a 1970 Raleigh Olympus, and all is going well so far. I'm currently on the lookout for a couple of small items, however...

Firstly, a pair of the small bolts that hold the mudguard stays to the lower forks. These are round headed, slotted machine screws with a thread that I believe to be the obsolete 7/32 Whitworth. The threaded part is about half an inch long. They screw into threaded holes right next to the front wheel dropouts and were very common on a lot of Raleigh bikes of the era. So common in fact I can't find any. I'm determined not to use an M5 replacement so if anybody has any of these please let me know. I can't bring myself to buy an entire donor bike just for two tiny bolts.

Secondly, I'm trying to source a pair of the small (probably half inch diameter) gear cable spring clips that fitted to the chainstay. Again a common Raleigh part that seems to be fast disappearing.

If anyone out there has any of these items lying around, please let me know and I'll give them a new lease of life!

Thanks

Back