Raleigh Team Replicas, even gaspipe ones!

paul8valve

Devout Dirtbag
Hello, fellow pedallers and polishers!

I'm on the lookout for Raleigh Team replica bikes; TI, Panasonic, Banana...even the Kelloggs Pro Tour!

I'm not looking for high-value 531 or 753 framed thoroughbreds...it's the 18-23 or 501 framed replicas I'm more interested in! if anyone has any for sale for reasonable money, please let me know.

I run a bike recycling charity here in Southeast Ireland in my free time , http://www.facebook.com/rebikeireland, and I'm hoping to build a display of old Raleigh team-replica racers for promotional purposes. I have no fear of projects, once they are not complete wrecks - I've been renovating bikes for three decades at this stage!

Raleigh bikes made up about 90% of the bikes on the road when I was growing up in the 80s and I have a great fondness for them...maybe that's why, in 2015, I paid more than the new price for a 1984 Record Sprint from a seller in Holland, as I've wanted one since I was 13!

Now, here's the awkward bit...I'm living in Ireland but I'm in the UK on June 2nd, travelling via Pembroke to Northants for the weekend, travelling the same route in reverse on the the 5th, so if anyone has anything they'd be interested in selling (and are based on or near my route!) feel free to pm me or post here.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Paul.

Back