Cycling specs into which I can put prescription lenses

wynne

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
After some new specs as my old Rudy Projects have had it.
Don't have to be prescription specific but they mustn't be too curved or have the prescription inserts that sit behind - I've got long eyelashes and they catch! Preferably would have nose pads to lift the frame off my face slightly. Weird colour schemes also appreciated...

Thanks

Rich

Re:

This might not be the answer you want but I use Bolle Edge 2s, bought them in the late 80s (Indurain et al) with plenty of spares, the prescription sits behind a technical lens.

Plus I've just bought some BBB glasses (NoS) which are similiar. You can buy cycling specific glasses: i.e technical glasses that'll protect your eyes from flying stones, insects - ever had a stone fly into your windscreen ? That'd blind you with ordinary glasses...perhaps you should sort those girlie lashes :D

Here's a link -

http://www.sportseyeweardirect.co.uk/Cycling-2/?imt=1

Rk.

Thanks for those links. Liking those Liberty ones - colours are a bit tasteful though.

As to the girlie lashes I actually cut them off when I was 8 because I was fed up of old ladies cooing at me. They bloody grew back longer and more luxuriant.

wynne":1qj7c16x said:
Thanks for those links. Liking those Liberty ones - colours are a bit tasteful though.

As to the girlie lashes I actually cut them off when I was 8 because I was fed up of old ladies cooing at me. They bloody grew back longer and more luxuriant.

I know the feeling, my Mother's friends used to coo at my blonde curls...plenty of hair still but not so blond !

J.

You can get Oakleys with prescription lenses but there is a limit on the amount of magnification so check with a good optician as to what's possible with your prescription. they do varifocals also.
Not cheap tho, about £450

Re:

Another option are Optilabs:

https://www.optilabs.com/product-catego ... unglasses/

They have some (apparently) special process to manufacture prescription lenses with a high curvature. I was very happy; can't fault their service and responsiveness and the product is great for cycling. They will send out some trial frames to try so you can check there isn't an eyelash-lens clash before ordering.

No link, just a happy customer.

Back