WTD, 70's-80's roadbike, Raleigh/Carlton 22"-23" frame

sherlylock

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Hi all,

A friend of mine is doing a certain retro road event up in Derbyshire this year and wants to get hold of an appropriate pre-87 roadbike and has asked for some help in what to buy.

So...anyone got a 70's/80's complete roadbike.....was thinking maybe a Raleigh or Carlton but don't let that narrow down the suggestions.

531 tubing preferred, size 22"-23"ish (to suit 5'7" 32" inside leg). Originality would be preferred, projects needing a little work considered and Men's or woman's frames also considered.

What'cha got?

Ta! :)

I've got a 56 cm early eighties "Ventura" (Belgian brand) made from Ishiwata. It's currently being stripped as I needed the Campa parts that were on it but I will build it up again with era correct parts (Shimano Golden Arrow/600 Arabesque).

Will sell cheap (max. 300 euro).

Wim

Re:

Hi, I know of a Carlton Kermesse 57" seat CTC, in excellent condition, reasonable price. Contact me via a PM and I'll point you in the right direction. Terry

hi i might be selling my 70s black hill special 531 double butted frame-- ive got all the pARTS if u want to make the bike up-- quite rare frames to see nbowadays-- if u want pic let me know cheers carl

Latest posts

Back