Preload bolt for Shimano hollowtech cranks

trek_y

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I've managed to lose the plastic preload bolt off my Tiagra 4503 crankset - doh ! :facepalm:
Anyone have a spare one kicking about ? Thanks.

Re:

I`ve got a couple of originals kicking about in the cave plus an anodised red one. You can have one for postage only for about 3 or 4 quid from Spain. You may be able to get one cheaper from a more local member though.

Let me know if you want one of these.

Hey thanks for the offer - I may well take you up on that. Do you know if they're all the same for Shimano cranksets as seen a few different looking ones on Ebay which makes me suspect they aren't one size fits all. It's only a few quid but knowing my luck I'll choose the wrong type.

Re:

They're not all the same. I have 3 different chain sets and they are all different sizes.
I have 6700 ultegra, a black shimano chainset that came on a Cube (??) and a Tiagra and they are all different. I've lost the one on the Tiagra and don't know what to order, but as they only seem an aesthetic thing and its a hack bike, I'm running it without.

If its come off after you've used it to preload then tightened down the pinch bolts then I reckon no problem other than allowing muck into the hollow spindle but I've of course lost mine whilst changing the BB so need it for correct reassembly.
Seems generally they are different for different series of cranksets - great standardizing by Shimano there ! - so your XTR ones are probably not suitable unfortunately.

Found the thing here if anyone else needs similar. https://www.sjscycles.co.uk/chainsets/s ... -1h6-1400/

Re: Re:

shedobits":1ofdwcwb said:
If we are talking about the same thing it is an important part for setting the bearing tension correctly.
Ah, didn't know that. I've always put the left crank on and then put this part on last thing, thinking it was a dustcap.

Back