seat tube fluted aluminium

eejayb

Dirt Disciple
Looking for a 26.8mm fluted aluminium seat tube for my 1983 Record Sprint. New equivalent or used in good condition considered. Up to £20.

eejay_old_velo

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Re:

Are you sure it's a 26.8mm post you need? I've had quite a few 501 raleigh's including Sprints (early ones like yours) and they all accepted a 27.0mm post. ;)

Well I measured mine which is tight in the seat tube and in very poor condition. I suppose the seat tube could be a bit crushed by the clamp.

eejayb":2nqgfm83 said:
Well I measured mine which is tight in the seat tube and in very poor condition. I suppose the seat tube could be a bit crushed by the clamp.

I recently helped a mate build an 83 Sprint up and had to give him another pin as he hated the original one with the detachable seat guts. The post I gave him was 27mm and it fits perfectly.

Did you measure the post with a gauge? Sometimes they come up fractionally smaller than 27.0 when you use a digital gauge.

Re:

My 1986 Raleigh Record Sprint's Seat post is 27.2mm

s-l1600.jpg

Here £16...........
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SR-LAPRADE-27 ... 1936096269

When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Latest posts

Back