Raleigh Record Sprint 1983

eejayb

Dirt Disciple
Wanted are any gold components from a Raleigh Record Sprint. Hubs and brake levers mostly but also anything else would be considered. Contact me here or via eejayb[at]gmail[dot]com. Sorry but the [at] and [dot] help stop the robots looking for email addresses.
eejay_old_velo

Re:

The hubs are the most damaged but are gold. Are you stripping the bike or selling as a whole bike?

Re: RR 1983

Already stripped , frame is 23 " can send some photos on whatsapp if you are interested, frame is now powder coated white instead of black just want it gone ! Good deal if you are interested would prefer pickup I am in Derbyshire

Regards Ged

Re:

Hi, I'm new to the forum. Ive just begun restoring a 1983 Raleigh Record Sprint.

I appreciate this thread is quite old, but wonder if I could please pick your brains?

I've had s nightmare getting the seat post out and have resorted to the caustic soda method of removal. The seat post is now fully reomoved, but I stupidly forgot to measure the seatpost before attacking it. Would you by any chance know what diameter your post is?

Secondly, do you still have your frame for sale?

Re: RRS

Hi Jimmy
Off the top of my head I think it is 26.8" but will check and get back to you. Yes I still have the frame and All Parts.

Regards

Re:

That's great thanks! I basically need to buy a new seat post and try it before sending the frame for shot blasting. Now that the post is out of my frame it is obvious that the seat clamp lug is well out of shape, it also looks like there is a small dent in the lug. which may have contributed to how stuck the post was. (its a but if a mess basically, hence why I asked about your frame). Would like to do my best to resurect my frame first though!

Latest posts

Back