Wtd - 27" x 1 1/4" front wheel

sherlylock

rBotM Winner
Feedback
View
Hi folks,

I'm after a front wheel - 27" x 1 1/4" and ideally with a hi flange hub (but not necessary). To go on a project mixte for the missus.

Ideally close to Southend or Essex area - if not then would happily pay for posting. Doesn't need to be flash, just servicable with life left in the rim/hub.

Cheers! :)

here they are...

Attachments

• DSC_0324.JPG
    DSC_0324.JPG
    151 KB · Views: 519
  • DSC_0325.JPG
    DSC_0325.JPG
    207.5 KB · Views: 519
  • DSC_0326.JPG
    DSC_0326.JPG
    141.9 KB · Views: 519
Thanks for the pics - close to what I want but not quite (I should've been more specific in the original post).

Ideally want aluminium rim and quick release hub.

Cheers! :)

Re:

I've one with an Alu rim and alu large flange normandy hub.

Nutted though, not quick release.

How old is the bike you are putting it on? and do you have a pic of the rear wheel you are trying to match to?

Oh, and not forgetting, have you built that Montage up yet?

Re: Re:

oaklec":ybcbhisk said:
I've one with an Alu rim and alu large flange normandy hub.

Nutted though, not quick release.

How old is the bike you are putting it on? and do you have a pic of the rear wheel you are trying to match to?

Oh, and not forgetting, have you built that Montage up yet?

Ooo...sounds promising. The rear wheel I'm matching to is a bit of a no-name affair - it's low flange - looks to have the word "strongy" engraved into it and the rim is something like "Schudmann Germany"? Never heard of either of those and Google doesn't throw up any results.

Sounds ideal though as the bike came with a Normandy hi flange nutted rear hub so having that one would at least make a pair if I decide to do some wheel building and swap things around.

How much do you want for it/condition/pics?

Montage hasn't progressed much in the years I've had it. I almost karma'd it on a few months back as I thought someone else should enjoy it.....but now I'm tempted to stick some 700c wheels on it (I think they'll go on) and use it as a winter commuter.

Re:

700c on the montage? How would the brakes make contact with the rims?

As to the wheel, from memory it is in decent condition. I'll take a look this evening, if it's as good as I think I want £15 for it.

Re: Re:

oaklec":2jgfajoo said:
700c on the montage? How would the brakes make contact with the rims?

As to the wheel, from memory it is in decent condition. I'll take a look this evening, if it's as good as I think I want £15 for it.

I haven't offered anything up at the rear yet (and that has a u-brake so that might scupper the plan) but the front has a mounting point on the fork crown area for caliper brakes - I offered a 700c front wheel into the fork and it fits and the brake mounting hole seems to line up with the shimano road calipers that I have.....

£15 sounds good - if it's suitable could I pop over at the weekend to collect?

Latest posts

Back