Wanted: road / town bike

Camberwell123

Retro Guru
looking for a bike for a friend, was wondering if anyone here had something suitable?

Size 52 to 54. Preferably indexed gears (1x? Or 2x?) with the shifter accessible from the handlebar. Can be a horizontal top tube style or strep through /mixte. Think swept back handlebars (north road etc) would be cool but not essential.

Needs to be in relatively good nick... With minimal if any maintenance required to make it roadworthy.

Budget £180-£200

Thanks!

I have an almost complete restoration that I need to spend an hour or so on to finish off. It has been built around a Dawes Fluer frame so not the lightest, but it looks lovely. Spec is as follows (from memory):

21" frame.
Freshly Powder coated in Cream.
1 x 6 Speed gears. The shifter is a new Sunrace an on the bars. The rear derailleur is a reused Shimano Alvio in good condition.
Recycled rear 700c wheel (will have to check the make of the hub and Rim and new front wheel with Quando hub.
New Dia Compe Long Drop brakes.
New Tektro Levers.
New unbranded headset/
Thun Aero Coronado Crankset.
New Etc. 26.3 Seatpost.
New no brand Retro Rivet Saddle in a honey brown colour from Planet X.
Gran Compe Stem and Mwave riser bars.
Brooks Slender Grips in Honey Brown Leather (cost £50) alone.
Velo Orange Stainless Steel Braided outer cables.

It was built for the Mrs, but she's not keen so it might as well go where it will get some use. I think it looks lovely, but I am biased. If you are interested I will double check the frame size and get some pictures. I do have some swept back bars I could swap in, but you would need new grips and a stem.

All I need to do to finish it off is fit the brakes and tyres.

Re:

Sorry for the slow reply, I've been away for work this week. I'll grab some pics when I'm back tomorrow.

I've probably spent over 200 on it if I leave the Brooks grips on so would be looking for the £200.

Back