SORTED: Large Flange 40H rear fixed hub

spark303

Dirt Disciple
Feedback
View
I'm looking for a silver 40 hole Large Flange rear fixed hub for my '48 RRA build. An Airlite or other period correct hub would be the ideal but anything considered as long as it's in good mechanical and reasonable cosmetic order.

Many thanks :D

Gavin

Re: Large Flange 40H rear fixed hub

Hi,
I have a soft spot for RRA.Mine is slightly later and has a Sturmey FM in.

I have a Normandy 36h fixed/free I put new bearings in (can't remember on the cones,but the would have been new or very good).
It was for a project that never took off.
Yours for £5 to cover postage.

Or a 40h red anodised Airlite,again fixed and free.The anodising is very good,chrome on the barrel is just starting to go.The stamping is nice and deep so a sympathetic re chroming company should be able to save the stamping if you decide to get it re-chromed.
£40 plus post.I can put some pics. up if it is of interest.

I also have several alloy shelled Sturmey Archer hubs if you fancy fitting gears.Probably at least one dated 1948-I'll have to check if it is three or 4 speed and medium or close ratio but they will be more like £80 ish.

Good luck with the build

Still looking. I should clarify that I'm after a silver hub to match the front hub I already have.

Sorry,for some reason I missed your reply re the Normandy hub.When I thought you hadn't forwarded your address I let it go along with the pair of Airlights.
I probably have other hubs but sadly no time to sort them out until after the summer holidays now.
Try a wanted add. over on the CTC website.
Good Luck

Re:

I have a 40 hole Harden single sided fixed, large flange, single piece body in silver alloy. Cartridge bearings are in good condition and I think it will polish up nicely with no sign of corrosion. Nice!

Attachments

• DSCF1467d.jpg
    DSCF1467d.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 390
  • DSCF1468d.jpg
    DSCF1468d.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 390
Re: Re:

4cranks":2utxy8z8 said:
I have a 40 hole Harden single sided fixed, large flange, single piece body in silver alloy. Cartridge bearings are in good condition and I think it will polish up nicely with no sign of corrosion. Nice!

PM'd

Back