Campag Ergo LH shifter for double ring - Daytona / Centaur

MAMIL65

Dirt Disciple
Hi guys

I have a 9 speed Campagnolo Daytona ergopower setup on my commuting bike.
I've manged to somehow break the left hand shifter.

I don't want to do a wholesale upgrade because everything else is in fine fettle, so I'm looking for a left hand shifter, either the identical twin of the failed one, or something that will do while I try to fix the one I have and keep the bike on the road.

As I understand it Daytona was renamed Centaur without any other changes so that would probably do.

At the moment I'm just moving the chain between rings manually, which is having a good effect on my cadence, if I leave it in the small ring too long and my hill climbing muscles if I can't be bothered to move out of the big ring. Maybe I should leave it like that !

All offers gratefully received.

Thanks

What's broken? If it isn't latching it's probably the G-spring that's broken. Springs are about £2 each.
Mercian also carry spares including shifter paddles etc.

Thanks Hamster. It broke on the way into work this morning, so I haven't had time to investigate yet.

Right now, I've taken the front derailleur off completely, so I have to shift between rings manually, but I have access to all gears & the bike's usable (just as well, since I have to get home on it). As soon as I start pulling the shifter to bits, the bike's no longer usable.

Having many times made the mistake of dismantling something, only to find the mechanism's full of tiny bits that take the opportunity to fling themselves in all directions, I was hoping to get a drop-in replacement, so I can fix the old one at my leisure.

It's cosmetically perfect, not a scratch, so great news that the spares are available, thanks.

I'd bung on a downtube shifter as a quick fix. They aren't difficult to repair and there are some good videos on YouTube to help.

Mercian Cycles also do a repair service, but single LH Ergos are around £25 on ebay.

LH changer

Sorry, pretty diabolical picture, but taken indoors as it's lashing down outside. If no good, I'll take a better one tomorrow.

Attachments

• LH changer.jpg
    LH changer.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 359
This is the closest I've got no bar clamp yours for £15 posted

Attachments

• 20160610_215112.jpg
    20160610_215112.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 355
  • 20160610_215122.jpg
    20160610_215122.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 355