Really rubbish modern-ish road bike bits.

Splatter Paint

Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
I've just bought a Ridgeback Horizon frameset which looks like it came from a life by the sea (possibly used as an anchor) and I would like to build it up as a station hack. Originally it looked like this one from a Google search: https://www.flickr.com/photos/7394371@N06/475501336 but not any more! Still, it was only a fiver...

The parts can be any condition, colour or brand - they do need to be very, very cheap though!

I need for the build:

Shifter / brake combos (8/9/10 speed)
Wheels
Front mech - 31.8mm, band-on bottom pull, triple preferably but double will do
Rear mech (possibly to swap with long-cage XT M739? if you like)
front brake caliper

I can swap you for:

Dura Ace 7800 braze-on front mech
Deore XT rear mech
STX RC v-brake set (levers, calipers, noodles, bolts)
Set of rubbish 26" disc wheels
RST 381 forks with 210mm 1" steerer
Flat or riser handlebars, Azonic, Zoom, Ritchey etc.
Kona A drive tyres
Flat pedals: DMR V8, Odyessy shark bites
Modern Ritchey WCS bar and stem in white.

or cash, but I'd like to get it built for £35 or less using swaps where at all possible. I live in Woking so can meet nearby, maybe central London or Mountain Mayhem?

SP

Re:

I should have a road front mech cheap. 105 triple I think. Watching game of thrones I will check in five minutes!

EDIT: Ten minutes of swearing later.. No signs of it. Think I must have lost or karma'd it away sorry chap

Re:

Do have a cheap rear wheel I can bring to mayhem if needed though. No front though

Re:

I'll check the clamp size, but I should have an STX or XT front mech. I might even something for the rear as well, but it is unlikely to be pretty!

Are you after a dual pivot caliper? I think I have a few in the shed, but will have to check what they are.

I have:

- a 31.8mm Shimano STX Triple Front Mech.
- a set of old 105 front and rear calipers or an Orbea Front and rear set (don't really want to split them).
- a collection of dubious looking Tourney or Altus Rear mechs.

None of the rear mechs have been tested but seem to be ok. I could chuck a couple of them in with the other stuff and let you decide, they'll probably find their way to the tip otherwise!

Back