Decent gum wall clinchers please 700 x 23 or 25

Jim_haz

Dirt Disciple
Hi all
Looking for the above to make my 1987 Bob Jackson look more 1987-iee.
Clinchers please, either 23 or 25c is fine, used (but not abused) or new, not fussed.
Gum wall and black, only please – not turned on by weird-coloured gum walls.
Ta
J

Re: Re:

MatBH5":3qq2yzl5 said:
http://www.wiggle.co.uk/veloflex/?dest=1&curr=gbp&utm_source=bing&utm_term=Manufacturer&utm_campaign=UK_M_Veloflex_Head+Terms_B&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=mkwid|yLYKL8ah_dc|pcrid|9502766277|pkw|%2BVeloflex|pmt|bb|

Just got some Master 25's from here and first impressions are good.

Thanks MatBH5, pretty decent price in the sale.
I was considering buying Veloflex Masters or Vittoria open corsas SC new, but the Yorkshireman in me had to explore any penny-saving options on here first. ;)

I'm running a set of Vittoria open corsa SC at the moment. The grip in both wet and dry conditions is amazing and you can really feel the difference in rolling resistance to a regular clincher tyre. They're also the nicest looking tyres about.

However, after 2 months and only about 350 miles they're getting really cut up and the tread is starting to split. I am using them to commute in London which probably isn't wise but I don't think it justifies them splitting. They are relatively cheap (about £25 each) at the moment as it looks like Vittoria are phasing them out for the more robust looking Open Corsa G+. My LBS recommended the Challenge Open Strada but they are about £40 each...

I've not tried the Veloflex Masters - I'm not keen on the big logo but maybe better a big logo than a flat tyre?

Oh, and one tip I picked up with gum walls is to rub a little neutral shoe polish into the sidewall - it'll keep them looking fresh.

Re:

I have some surplus Veloflex Pave that I don't need any more. Loads of wear left and with a little wipe they'll be good :D £23 posted they are yours.

Back