wanted: black rubber insert for Cinelli XA stem please.

onegoodbike

Merlin Fan
Feedback
View
Hi, I'm after the wedge shaped rubber insert for a Cinelli XA stem, preferably in black, can anyone help?. Cheers Matt

Re:

I'm sure i've got one,will look when I'm home later,pm if you dont here anything.jm.

Matt70":2qy73q8x said:
Hi, I'm after the wedge shaped rubber insert for a Cinelli XA stem, preferably in black, can anyone help?. Cheers Matt

Do you mind if I use your thread to post my demand for the same item? Different colours also welcome.

G'day Matt & Altec, I have a large range of NOS XA rubber inserts in all manner of colours, as well as more than 10 XA stems, from NIB to used...

Neither of you would happen to have (or have access to) a pair of Mavic 821 downtube shifters - which are 7-speed indexed - would you?! Last piece of my Mavic SSC "puzzle" that I so desperately require!! And the problem is, I don't think that they say Mavic upon them anywhere, so many people would have them & not realise what they are!!

Cheers & best wishes...Matt.

lavielemond":1lnij8yj said:
G'day Matt & Altec, I have a large range of NOS XA rubber inserts in all manner of colours, as well as more than 10 XA stems, from NIB to used...

Neither of you would happen to have (or have access to) a pair of Mavic 821 downtube shifters - which are 7-speed indexed - would you?! Last piece of my Mavic SSC "puzzle" that I so desperately require!! And the problem is, I don't think that they say Mavic upon them anywhere, so many people would have them & not realise what they are!!

Cheers & best wishes...Matt.

Thanks for your feedback. I guess you are struggling to complete Mavic 1000 SSC group? Am i right? Do you have the pictures of shifters you are looking for? i found a brouchre of Mavic 1000 SSC set and the shifters are similar to Simplex ones (perforated).

cheers

G'day Altec!

Thanks for your reply, & please forgive my ignorance but I'm not actually aware of what the "Mavic 1000 SSC" group set is?!! It's for my ADR-Agrigel replica Bottecchia SLX (the red/white frame that Lemond used upon the standard, flatter stages of the classic '8 second' '89 TDF - NOT the neon yellow TVT92 "Bottecchia" that he used in the mountains, NOR the famous red/white ITT Bottecchia that he rode through Paris to overturn a massive deficit to defeat Laurent Fignon - RIP) & I currently have the 305 headset, 440 brake calipers, 631 'starfish' crankset, 862 (braze-on) front derailleur & 840 rear derailleur.

So now I require the 821 shifters (indexed for 6/7 speed but apparently also 8-speed) & the 440 brake levers, which were made by Modolo & were based upon their QT-EXE levers. I think that the Simplex shifters that you're talking about were the previous model retrofriction ones? Anyway, I have added Velobase links for both components for you to see.

http://velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx? ... 5&Enum=104

http://velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx? ... 1de4eb2944

Now, re: the Cinelli XA wedge(s) that you're chasing, which colour(s) are you after for your bike(s), mate? I'm in Australia but I don't want to make any money off you (just cover my basic postage cost, so no more than £5 for a couple of XA spacers - sound OK to you?) if you even attempt to help me out with my pursuit of these two Mavic components. So, please respond to me re: any spacer or Mavic part-related emails on here but if you PM me your postal address, then I'll give you my PP address for the 5 quid postage cost & then I'll sort you out!!

Cheers & best wishes from "Down Under", mate...Matt.

lavielemond":3fcdrxrh said:
G'day Altec!

Thanks for your reply, & please forgive my ignorance but I'm not actually aware of what the "Mavic 1000 SSC" group set is?!! It's for my ADR-Agrigel replica Bottecchia SLX (the red/white frame that Lemond used upon the standard, flatter stages of the classic '8 second' '89 TDF - NOT the neon yellow TVT92 "Bottecchia" that he used in the mountains, NOR the famous red/white ITT Bottecchia that he rode through Paris to overturn a massive deficit to defeat Laurent Fignon - RIP) & I currently have the 305 headset, 440 brake calipers, 631 'starfish' crankset, 862 (braze-on) front derailleur & 840 rear derailleur.

So now I require the 821 shifters (indexed for 6/7 speed but apparently also 8-speed) & the 440 brake levers, which were made by Modolo & were based upon their QT-EXE levers. I think that the Simplex shifters that you're talking about were the previous model retrofriction ones? Anyway, I have added Velobase links for both components for you to see.

http://velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx? ... 5&Enum=104

http://velobase.com/ViewComponent.aspx? ... 1de4eb2944

Now, re: the Cinelli XA wedge(s) that you're chasing, which colour(s) are you after for your bike(s), mate? I'm in Australia but I don't want to make any money off you (just cover my basic postage cost, so no more than £5 for a couple of XA spacers - sound OK to you?) if you even attempt to help me out with my pursuit of these two Mavic components. So, please respond to me re: any spacer or Mavic part-related emails on here but if you PM me your postal address, then I'll give you my PP address for the 5 quid postage cost & then I'll sort you out!!

Cheers & best wishes from "Down Under", mate...Matt.

Thank you so much for your kind offer. I will PM you soon.
There were some Mavic gruppos and 1000 SSC was the top one:

http://equusbicycle.com/bike/mavic/index.html

Lucky you, one guy from Poland listed these calipers:

http://www.ebay.fr/itm/vintage-MAVIC-44 ... Swv~xXENrL

Cheers!

Hello again,

It's my pleasure re: my offer of the XA spacers, & feel free to contact me anytime...there's no time limit on the offer to you!

And thanks heaps for a) sending me that equus list & b) sending me the link to the eBay sale of the 440 brake calipers, but it's a pair of 440 brake levers that I'm after, unfortunately!! But trust me, if I needed calipers, it'd be the levers that had come up for sale, Murphy's Law at it's finest!!

Thanks again for trying to help with my pursuit of these 2 Mavic parts (but don't let it get you down, there's also no time limit upon how long you may assist me, haha!!) & I look forward to receiving your PM with your address & you can tell me your preferred colour(s) on here or in the PM.

Cheers & best wishes for now from "Down Under", Altec...Matt.

Back