Wanted 21 / 22" pre 1958 path or track frame or bike

flash

Retrobike Rider
Wanted for a end to end fixed gear ride in a few years when I'm 60. Lightweight, structurally sound, track ends. The more "interesting" the better. I'd kill for a Higgins, Jack Taylor or a really good quality frame......ta

Re:

Might a 57cm square Holdsworth path racer be of any interest? I've got it here on LFGSS -http://www.lfgss.com/conversations/282210/#comment12848510

The link to pictures will give you several images of parts etc but if that doesn't work let me have an email address and I'll get images to you that way.

KenP

I have a 22" Holdsworth it probably dates from the early 80's from the frame number but is a very retro design. It has track rear ends with mudguard eyes, a round fork also with mudguard eyes the tubes are 531 plain gauge with 531 forks.Lots of clearance. I think it was retro design popular in Scotland for grass track racing, it was always a little big for me. They had a 21" but someone put a deposit on it then didn't collect,but after I had had the 22" built up.
It is in very good condition,has seen little usage,don't really want to part with it but have lot's of bikes. It is light blue,same colour as the Elan. I have owned it since new from Nicholson's of Dundee, it's really special.

Re:

Flash, if you wanted to you could always take the evans back and get argos to put some track ends on it for you, its the right size for you :)

Well I've still got a few years to find something but by then my knees may thank me for all those gears on the Evans. Something to think about.....

Back