Wanted: early 32H alloy sprint rim 1950s-1960s or earlier

Jonny69

Senior Retro Guru
I'm looking for a low profile early alloy sprint rim. Something like a 50s Fiamme would be ideal, width around 20mm but not a narrow modern rim. No anodising. 32 holes with or without eyelets. It's to go with a 40-hole Scheeren rear. What have you got folks? Based near Heathrow if there's anyone local?

There's a couple on eBay I can see but the seller has blocked me, must have been an earlier dispute or something.

Might be too late but I have an early 32H Fiamme sprint rim - the version with the Longhi patent (Brevette Longhi - with remains of the original label - probably mid/late '50's)) laced to a BH Airlite hub that I may be willing to part with. I was actually looking for a matching 40 hole rear to go with it. Nowhere near Heathrow though !

Only just too late! I got a matching pair delivered yesterday. Mid/late 50s Fiamme rims in 32/40 holes with very early Campagnolo fixed/free hubs. Basically FB hubs with Campagnolo logos. Mega rare!

Thanks for the offer.

Re:

Glad that you found a pair. If anyone out there has a 40H rear - rim or complete wheel - I would be very interested......

Back