26" Front Wheel, with QR hub needed

MarkS

Old School Hero
Hi

I'm after a 26" alloy front wheel, probably no wider than 1.5" please, as it is replacing an old 26 x 1 3/8

I also need it to have a QR hub, as I need to whip the wheel out easily for transportation purposes.

Not after anything high end or in pristine condition, I'm not going to race, time trial, go on the track; just a disabled chap looking to return to cycling, probably only going to do some very low mileage rides etc

Got one you can have. Nothing special but clean and sound inc tyre and tube etc. Any hurry?

Not a major rush no.

I'm rebuilding a bike with a trike conversion axle, which is currently stripped, and I'm in the middle of painting the frame

Ok will have a look and measures it tomorrow.

Oh and start a build thread? Sounds interesting. ;)

People on here are remarkably generous with knowledge and bits you might need.

Anything else?

Oh dear. Is this a road wheel you're after? If so I didn't notice at first reading. Just dug out an mtb wheel for you. Apologies if so. If not its yours if you want it. 26" X 1.5.

247faa051b0d1edc4d2d89777a890630_zpsqooj8ypf.jpg

Re:

I wasn't fussed on whether it was a road wheel, or an MTB.

I thought the width would have been the governing factor. However, after looking at this, I don't know if there is enough clearance at the top of the forks, as the tyre looks quite 'chunky'.

I'll go and measure from where the wheel fits in, to the top of the forks, and see where we are.

Back