NOS Steel Chainrings

cmjc

Old School Hero
Feedback
View
My 2008 Jamis Ventura RB is still going strong after only 32,000km logged.

The steel FSA 8 speed chain rings (normal compact 50/34) are now obsolete (I asked the manufacturers).

They only have dural, which wear out in no time.

So let me know if you have new steel replacement rings for me.

Colin

I have some barely touched chromed steel rings in 52/42 flavour. They are from a compact Sugino GT chainset from the late 80s but will run on up to a 10 speed system (I've tried so know for sure).
Just a thought as I wasn't sure if you were looking to replace like for like size wise.
£20+ post at cost for the pair

Thanks Tony, but my training ride is mostly over 10% incline, and 42T would be beyond my ability :)

They would be perfect for me, but PP/ebay insist on sending items to your registered address (UK for UK PP), not to where you are (SE. Asia). So I never buy on ebay.

But if you are the ebay seller let me know and we can work it easily.

I'm not the seller, was just trying to help out :D However you can add different addresses on your ebay account in any case, I have a friend in Australia that I have on my account that I've purchased stuff and sent directly.
If that didn't work i'd be happy to get them for you and post them on to your locale.
Royal mail small parcel to World Zone 1 would be £5 for up to 250g for standard airmail (insurance is only £20 mind) or £3.75 for economy (which can take a couple of months!)

Re:

I have some Stronglight steel chainrings that are 110bcd. One is 48t and unused. The other is 38t and slightly worn. If you're interested then I will take some pictures.

Rich

Tony, that's useful to know about ebay accounts, but I don't have one, and accessing ebay traumatizes my tenuous modem connection here in the mountains of Asia.

I'm grateful for your kind offer to buy for me from ebay and post on. We appreciate that flavour of cycling camaraderie. However, it sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Normally, I deal direct with the seller, I PP them the price first, and they pop it in a jiffy bag, and so far they have all arrived no problem by ordinary uninsured post.

So, with gratitude, I think I'll stick to that method for these rings.

Thank you Rich, not for me; but feel free to post pics in case others viewing the thread want them.

Latest posts

Back