62cm steel road frame / bike

Dead Rats

Gold Trader
Feedback
View
Thinking of transferring all the components from my 10 speed aluminium/carbon road bike onto a good quality steel frame, so if anyone has anything that fits the following bill (and you don't mind it being the basis of a hot rod) please let me know. I but don't mind a bit of a 'project' (ie tatty) but must be structurally sound...

• 62cm road frame & forks, or just frame, will consider complete bike too
    Lightweight butted steel, eg Reynolds/Columbus/Tange
    1 1/8" headtube
    130mm OLD
    clearance for 28mm tyre
    recessed brake fittings
    DT cable adjuster bosses
    Budget £150ish

Thanks for looking :)

Re:

I have an approx eight years old Salsa La Raza in True Temper Platinum OX tubing with carbon bladed forks, hope headset, downtube cable stops and seatpost clamp. It's a 60cm frame with a 580mm top tube.

Re: Re:

Blacktopdisciple":2tb945u9 said:
I have an approx eight years old Salsa La Raza in True Temper Platinum OX tubing with carbon bladed forks, hope headset, downtube cable stops and seatpost clamp. It's a 60cm frame with a 580mm top tube.

Sounds good, could you possibly PM a few pics & price? Al :)

Re:

Hi

The bike is built up at the moment but I will take some pictures and post them here. I'll also see if there is achieve material about the frame on the web. I will take it apart if you decide to have it. For the frame, forks, hope headset, bottle cage bolts, down tube cable guides, seat post clamp and carbon seatpost I think £200 including postage is reasonable.

spitball":1ftoecw3 said:
Is the top frame here any use, viewtopic.php?f=22&t=348299
I'm pretty sure it's 60 ctt seat tube, if you need more sizes let me know

I was looking at them earlier this week, very nice! GLWS...

Do they both have 1" steerers? Ideally I want 1 1.8" as I have some uncut TIME carbon forks set aside for this build.

Back