Wheels to fit a Norco Threshold 2014

Mr Toad

Retro Guru
Hi all

Not my area of expertise , so I will throw myself at your mercy.

My neighbour has just had the wheels robbed off his 2014 Norco Threshold. They are disc wheels.

This is the bike ... http://www.norco.com/bike-archives/2014/threshold-a3/

He has come to me because he knows I like bikes , but all my bikes and bits are pre 1994 so I'm struggling a bit.

Basically he needs a pair of wheels , with cassette , discs , the lot.

I don't know where to start really , I presume they are 26 inch wheels , but are discs all the same size ?

Does anyone have anything for sale that would fit ?

Thanks in advance

H :)

Re:

If the link's to the right bike (regions don't always have the same kit, etc..), it states that the discs are both 160mm.
It also is a CX bike, so the wheels are 700C disc wheels. These are (usefully) easier to find now that disc brakes are legal in road racing..but many are specced with 10 or 11-speed hubs.

Just make sure you/he gets some 700c Cyclocross disc wheels with a 9-Sp Shimano-spline hub and all should be fine!
9-sp mech on the bike, and no real reason to have Campag cassette (which requires a campy compatible freewheel) if the rest of the drivetrain is Shimano.

I don't have any for sale, but to get an idea of specs available at what price, have a look on Wiggle for examples. The good news is that based on what's on the Norco site, nearly anything should be an upgrade ;)
Presumably he also needs tyres, so worth checking the chainstay spacing to see what tyres will fit or search t'internet for reviews, which usually comment on tyre clearance with CX frames. The '14 model came with 32C (32mm) width tyres, where the '15 model has 35C.

Back