Gios Torino Super Record (large) wanted

RobWJL

Old School Hero
Hi,

I'm looking for a big vintage Gios Super Record frame in any condition to build up for myself. Ideally between 60-63cm.

Please get in touch if you have one!

Thanks

I am restoring Gios SR II (chromed fork). 62 as specified on bb. If it occures too large for me i will let you know. Anyway this project is very advanced so i may consider then to sell all the bike not a framset only.

cheers

Re:

Thanks for getting on touch. I would be interested so please let me know if it's too big.

Thanks
Rob

Re: Re:

RobWJL":rcdi01lh said:
Thanks for getting on touch. I would be interested so please let me know if it's too big.

Thanks
Rob

Hi Rob & hello everyone,

Project Gios Torino SR II 1978 (engraved size is 62 c-t which means 60 c-t?) is speeding up. Here is the frame ready to be decorated with SR campa parts.

If I manage to buy a nice SR campa crankset I believe to finish the project still in November!

regards

Attachments

• GIOS 004_skalowacz_pl.jpg
    GIOS 004_skalowacz_pl.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 210
Re:

Looks v nice,
Does the fork have the inlaid coin design?

I'm still interested if your looking to sell. Preferably just the frame but will consider whole bike as well.

Please pm with cost your thinking of

Thanks

Re: Re:

RobWJL":1wqaulkw said:
Looks v nice,
Does the fork have the inlaid coin design?

I'm still interested if your looking to sell. Preferably just the frame but will consider whole bike as well.

Please pm with cost your thinking of

Thanks

The crown has GT engraved on (will be in red). This is the second Super record of Gios Torino, dated on 1978. The next generation after this one has coins in fork crown.
Majority of parts will agree with the timeline of GT SR II. However there will be few variations: crankset may be late SR no flute & engraved version and the seatpost Campagnolo SP-10RE, Record (95-97) as I like the vertical Campagnolo wording. Stem Cinelli 1R and handlebar Champion del mondo.

As for wheelset I am in two minds between clincher Mavic Open SUP CD with Campagnolo SR hubs and Campagnolo freewheel and NOS Super Champion competition tubulars.

Will let you know when it is finished and what are my feelings about GT.

cheers

Back