Vintage town bike (or frame) - SORTED (I think!)

fjpshaw

Senior Retro Guru
Feedback
View
I don't have the faintest idea about them, but I have developed a hankering for an old town bike. Anyone got an old Raleigh/Rudge/Elswick/BSA/Dawes/other lying about that they want shot of? Doesn't need to be showroom condition - quite happy to take on a project. Happy to trade for any parts wanted, or straight sale.

Will also be looking for all relevant parts in due course (e.g. Sturmey Archer hub, mudguards, stem/bars, etc etc etc)

Or if you have something already built up ready to go that is sitting doing nothing, even better!

I know it isn't strictly road, but it certainly isn't MTB, and frame geometries appear closer to old road frames, hence my decision to post here!

Trying to achieve something along the lines of:
4282534944_77280dea46.jpg

Re: Vintage town bike (or frame) - project or refurbed

I have an Elswick frame forks and wheels sat in the garage its sportier than your picture.I will get a pic asap.It hasnt been ridden or fully built since it was powder coated black.

Re:

Here it is,£50 posted if its any good.jm

Attachments

• rps20150713_073354.jpg
    rps20150713_073354.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 409
Re:

I have a 1950s Rudge bike and a 4 speed hub gear wheelset and a green Raleigh All-Steel frame from the same era. Alternatively I have a complete bike similar to your photo. Let me know if you want to see photos of any of them.

Re:

I have a Hercules 3 speed out back that is all complete but tatty. could be a good project,
Can get some pics but not until wednesday, Let me know if you are interested,
Cheers

Re: Vintage town bike (or frame) - project or refurbed

PM sent to all above. Few options, but still looking. :)

Back