Selle San Marco saddle WANTED!

simpatexys

Dirt Disciple
Hi,

Anyone with a used, NIB or NOS Selle San Marco Rolls DUE?
Please get in touch. Must be the "DUE" version of the Rolls.
Wanted for a final touch on a custom build.

Regards

simpatexys":rsqowl0i said:
Hi,

Anyone with a used, NIB or NOS Selle San Marco Rolls DUE?
Please get in touch. Must be the "DUE" version of the Rolls.
Wanted for a final touch on a custom build.

Regards

Excuse my ignorance but what is the difference in the "DUE" version?
Regards

Re:

The Due variant haves less padding and is slightly narrower and shorter than your standard Rolls. This translates into a lighter hence "racier" version of the Rolls. Don't get me wrong I love the standard Rolls but I find it too cushy for padded shorts. Plus their rarer since San Marco hasn't included them in their vintage line.
Regarding the tension system going by the pics on this specific one there is none but I reckon I've seen ones which do have a screw under the nose.

Regards

Thanks people, the reason I ask is I have one in the garage and have been wondering about it, here are a couple of pictures showing a threaded hole at the end, for tensioning?

2ptb8y0.jpg

1zy9c7l.jpg

2u8gqde.jpg

Re:

Yeap, that's it. It might worth nothing but I've only noted the screw "thingy" on your version of the Due, i.e. colored leather (or is it synthetic?!) with reinforced Schoeller fabric sides.

Regards

Re:

The screw is a tension system for the forged alloy rails on your saddle, I have the same on my Regal Gimondi saddle, are you still after a Due :?:

Re: Re:

simpatexys":s3jogf7p said:
Yeap, that's it. It might worth nothing but I've only noted the screw "thingy" on your version of the Due, i.e. colored leather (or is it synthetic?!) with reinforced Schoeller fabric sides.

Regards

Thanks for the info, it is leather, I just need a bike to put it on now, I should say another bike.

Latest posts

Back